Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our Bills


-->
1296.00 House payment(bi-weekly) so we save
324 a week
138.00 Car Insurance
183.00 Nicor and Comed
45.00 Home phone
135.00 2nd mortgage with a little extra
280.00 gas for all three cars
38.00 satelite
480.00 groceries for the month
120.00 a week
75.00 Den smokes
70.00 garbage and water
24.00 synthroid and iron pills for me


2764.00 total


So we shop once a month for all the dry and canned goods and then on my way home from cleaning my in-laws, I stop and pick up fresh fruit and vegetables. So basically Den covers all the bills and everything I make we use for building up the car fund or Christmas fund or any of the other catastrophes life throws at you. And we are lucky because my in-laws buy the kids all their lunch stuff and they put us on their cell phone plan. It costs them $10 a phone so they just take it out of what they pay me. The problem is most of our funds were depleted early in the year. Den and I save all of our birthday and Christmas money for the "funds" but we went way over this year. We used all of the car funds for the year and another $600 by the end of February. Our cat was very sick and eventually we had to put her down and that cost $700. So this is why we are having problems. Any ideas? Who am I kidding, I'm all alone here.
Thanks for your time,
SonyaAnn

2 comments:

nellyru said...

I think we need to start saving bi-weekly for our mortgage payment too. It takes up pretty much one whole paycheck (almost, anyways). So for two weeks we have NO money!
I'll have to put that into the budget and see how it works out! Thanks for your blog!! :)

SonyaAnn said...

nellyru-It really does help when you break it down. But I may have gone a bit overboard, I'm looking at every penny. It's just so hard to make it, I just don't want to waste!