Wednesday, October 1, 2008

To hell with the high road

O.K. I would first like to point out that I may actually be insane or psychic. If you want a simple and uncomplicated life do not and I repeat do not have children. So on with the story..........
My daughter had had her friend's tennis racket in the trunk of her car for a while. The girl that has an eating disorder. Anyways, I forced Anna to drop it off yesterday. I don't want to be responsible for it. It was a $200 racket and I don't want to pay for it. Well, I would make Anna pay for it. But anyways, Anna went to the door to drop it off and the mom answered. She told Anna that her daughter wasn't there and that she was sure that she planned it that way. So Anna came back crying that now the mom was picking on her too. I just want you to know that I try not to be mean to people or flip out on anyone and that I do try to be reasonable. Last night I didn't abide by my own rules. I called the mother and couldn't get through and ended up leaving a mean message. Nothing threatening and no swears but I told her about how her daughter has hit my husband out of anger, shoved me and her mouth was out of control. We tolerated all that and stood by her the entire time she had an eating disorder and now that Anna needs some space she takes a cheap shot at her. Well she was brave enough to call and I have to say it was the nicest fight I've ever had. And I don't know if I believe her or not but she said she had no idea how much her daughter's problems had effected us. She said she didn't mean to make Anna cry and that she would stay away from her. The sad thing is I really like them but her daughter is an addict and she is abusive and controlling and the mother is an enabler. I know that this relationship is over and that's for the best but I often wonder why we have to go through things like this. What purpose did this serve? I still love that family very much but I can't fix it. They will continue to defend her even though she is wrong and that is something I can't change. I just hope that she stops talking about Anna at school. Anna never responded to the gossip and most of the girls have now come up to Anna saying that she is mean. So I hope that this too will blow over. I don't think the girl will want to come over here any more now that she knows that we won't put up with all of her drama and crap. She is a very unhappy girl and its sad to see but unfortunately the only one to save an addict is the addict. Now that she can't get anything out of Anna and can't force her to comply I think that she too will be done with Anna.
It never ends.
Thanks for reading and hopefully I'll get back to writing about saving money,
SonyaAnn

No comments: