Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My backwards family

Everyone I know turns the heat down at night and up in the day. We do just the opposite. I can't sleep if it's cold and no one else can. Monday through Thursday, I'm home alone during the day so I turn the heat down to 67. Then when Den gets home around 5:30ish, I turn the heat up to 71. Part of the problem is, we live in a tri-level and the thermostat is upstairs in the hall. So even though the upstairs is 71, the down stairs I'm guessing, is probably around 65ish. It could be even lower. And when you have the oven on, it gets way to hot upstairs and the down stairs is unbearably cold. I'm thinking about getting a space heater but I'll start looking when we get a little more money together. I'm still trying to get caught up from the funeral and all. When it gets too hot upstairs I would normally open the windows but the plastic is up for the winter so, oh well.
When I was younger, I lived in an apartment. I lived on the second of three floors. This was about fifteen years ago but I remember thinking how lucky I was because the heat would rise in the winter and the cool air would sink in the summer. I guess that I've always been on the poor side but I've always considered myself blessed. I think it's just our own personal perspectives.
Thanks for reading,
SonyaAnn

No comments: