Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Finding an agent part 2

I finally had to spam that one agent. She went psycho on me. She just kept sending me hate mail. So the good news is I'm completely over it. It was just one of those things that I had to chew on for a while. I've accepted that I'm not a professional writer but I knew that. And I've accepted that mean people suck. So I'm very lucky to have my family and they helped bring me back. My mother-in-law said that I should be happy that I found out so quickly what a nut job she was. And could only imagine what she would do if she was your agent. Den said she tore down the publishing company not me so it doesn't count. DJ listened to my whole very animated story and said she's not needed and you can prove it. And Anna said name the next character that's going to be killed after her. Anna is turning into an evil genius. I laughed really hard at that one and I have to admit I did write her name down. I may or may not use it but it's still really funny. Anna said that she needs a frontal lobotomy in my book. Gotta love kids.
SO I guess the lessons that I'm going to take from this is, it's not a very nice world out there in the land of agents. I'm not going to expect much from them. I'm going to reach out to a few more agents and then give up on them. I'm going to continue writing my books and my blog and the hell with them. I don't think it's going to work out for me though, I'm not an aggressive or mean spirited person. I try never to say anything that would hurt anyone's feelings. EVER! Obviously being kind isn't going to work in the world of agents but I couldn't sleep at night if I hurt someone's feelings.
Thanks for letting me vent,
SonyaAnn

No comments: