Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Helping Others

I'm an addict when it comes to the MSN Message Boards. I love poking around trying to find new ways to save money and helping others. Anyways, one of the boards was "What are some of the fun things you and your family do that doesn't cost money???" I told about how we play the 30 minute game. This has been a long standing favorite of the kids. Everyone chooses something that we all have to do for 30 minutes. So for 2 hours we are entertained for free. The only rule is that we all have to agree before we start. "Kicking your brother for 30 minutes doesn't count." We play games, scrapbook, find recipes or cuddle(my favorite). So I suggested this on the message board and someone said she saved $45 by doing this instead of going to the movies. And it sounds as if it was a hit because her son is asking to play it again. It was a really nice feeling to know that I help saved someone money and that they are enjoying one of our traditions. I'm all warm and fuzzy now. And its ok if you say I'm a dork.
Thanks For Reading,
SonyaAnn

No comments: