Monday, June 29, 2009

Raising an evil genius





This is a funny one. We are like every other family, we love each other but we can get sick of each other pretty quick. Well, I can always tell when the summer is here, the fighting usually gets completely out of control. And I'm ashamed to admit that I too, sometimes join in. But not this time! This time it was Den against the kids. And I'm happy to report that Den lost this round. Can you tell that I had my fill of him? And on to the story........
This was a couple of weeks ago and I just forgot about it. Anyways, Den and I went to bed(no good news there) and the kids decided to stay up. We said fine after all it's the summer and they deserve some fun too. And I like that they sleep in because then I can get some of my stuff done and it's nice and quiet. I had no idea that any of this was going on cuz I was out cold. But the kids were really loud and wouldn't be quiet. Now part of the problem here was that Den had fallen asleep on the couch for an hour and couldn't fall asleep so he was good and cranky. So the three of them got into a fight. Now I'm not the type to take sides I just want peace. Den being a man just wants his way. So instead of telling them to turn the TV down, he got all mad and pissy(from what the kids said, he said he never got mad) and ordered them to bed. And I do understand his side and he is completely right, it's just the way that he goes about things. His word is law and you're going to do it now. Pretty much like a drill Sergeant would do. And the problem is DJ is my offspring. So the kids complied but were mad about the whole thing. So what did my dear son, do? He went back down stairs and set the timer on the stove to go off 10 minutes before he got up. I know I shouldn't encourage the kids to be disrespectful but I bust out laughing. That stove has the most hateful buzzer that I have ever heard in my life! And the damn thing won't stop until you shut it off. It woke him up and he had to go shut it off. I can't wait to see what the rest of the summer has in store for me. It's ok to laugh, I did tell him he had to listen to his dad and that it wasn't a very nice thing to do. Well, I told him after I stopped laughing. It's still me after all.
Thanks for reading,
SonyaAnn

No comments: