Monday, July 13, 2009

One Month Report

Well, I just wanted to tell you how I was feeling. Not emotionally, that would be a joke but it has been one month since I have been to Hult clinic. I was honest when I said that I thought that I might have been took. But after one month's time, I can honestly say that I feel much better. I have not felt this well in my entire adult life. I'm not going to say that I'm 100% better. I've realized that this is going to be a long road but a long road for the better. My sinus headaches that I have lived with for years are gone. The complete exhaustion is gone. That in its self is a huge miracle. I feel better. If I had to use one word to sum it up I would have to say the word is satisfied. Sleep is now satisfying, food feels as if it is now satisfying my hunger, and resting is satisfying. I had no idea how tense I was and it was because exhaustion and mental fog controlled my world. The word confusion(changing one word for another and not knowing it when I spoke) is leaving me. I just feel sharper. I'm glad that I did this. I also realize now that I'm getting better that I am part of the problem. I need to change my diet a bit but I'm not going to beat myself up about it either. I know now that there was no way that I could have lost the weight that I needed to when I was so sick. I spent years beating myself up for nothing. And that is going to stop too. If I lose the 30lbs or if I don't, it doesn't matter because I feel better. And looking back on it, I know why I was so strict about cleaning and all of the household chores. It was so overwhelming just trying to keep up with the house that I couldn't back off myself or I physically couldn't get it all done. I have actually left a few chores to go do fun things with the kids and came back and did the chores really fast. That was something that was impossible for me even two months ago. I was never lazy just always so tired. But not anymore, I'm a doer again. And I haven't been a doer since I was in my teens. So I'm enjoying every moment of this new life. I even ran through all the lines with the kids at Six Flags. And I didn't feel like dying after wards or didn't fall into a coma the next day. Anna and I have even been throwing around the idea of taking up jogging. No promises but I bought a really sturdy bra. At this point, I'm so optimistic about my future that I just smile. My primary physician was completely wrong I was not depressed, I was sick. I do promise thought that I will never let anyone hold me back again with a quick note in a chart and a snide look. I'm better.
Would I recommend this to everyone? I would have to say yes and no. I would say yes because I feel so much better but it could be a fluke but I doubt it. And I found Dr. Hult through word of mouth, a friend of a friend thing not an advertising campaign. The woman that works at Hult clinic says that she has Crones disease and she is in complete remission. But she works there so I would take that into account. I would have to say no I wouldn't recommend it just because it is so expensive. It cost me $300 my first visit and it costs $130 each month. That is a ton of money especially for us. But I'm not giving it up, EVER! I'm just letting you all know about this because there are so many people out there that have health problems and there are other options even when your doctor tells you its your fault.
I just wanted to let you all know if it was money well spent or not. And I wanted to say a heart felt thank you for your well wishes and love.
Thanks for reading,
SonyaAnn

No comments: