Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Back to Reality

Now that the trip is over, it is kind of depressing to have real life set back in. Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be easier just not to go at all. Don't worry, there will be no wrist slicing here just a bit of pouting.
But it did get me thinking about our budget. Maybe my being cheap and this house has something to do with it. Some people live in sick houses, I live in the house that causes me to be cheap. It could be. I keep thinking about retiring on the beach and spending the rest of my days picking up shells and relaxing. My dream could come true but not anytime soon. I just think that I need to trim the budget a little more. Every penny I save now will get me one step closer to having sand between my toes. I started thinking about what I could do to save a dollar a day. It's been done to death but what about making it permanent. So trim $30 off of your budget forever! That's my goal for the month, to cut $30 off for good. And I'm issuing a challenge to all of you. Trim $30 in the next 30 days off of your budget and then use that $360 a year to pay off your bills and get you closer to your dream. Sand in your swim trunks sounds pretty inviting doesn't it. Please keep me posted on your progress and good luck!!
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn

2 comments:

Frances said...

Yeah! You got some of your old posts back!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I have most of them and I'm just reposting them. But unfortunately I'm slamming everyone that subscribed! I suck.