Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Disaster Preparedness

As some of you have noticed, I'm not one for a cheery outlook. I try to be upbeat but in the end it gets all messed up and then I come here to complain and you all pick me up. Seriously, who needs therapy when I have all of you. I know that I haven't been posting but that was pouting and a slight helping of depression. Don't tell my doctor about the depression because he would give me a laxative and put me in the psych ward. Anyways, the only good thing out of this is the fact that I backed everything up. It made it so much easier to get started. Remember all of the hours it took you just to get the lay out right. We all work so hard just to make it appealing. All the effort that we have all invested in our little world gone in a flash. UGH, typical! I learned the importance of backing everything up after my computer deleted a few dozen pages of my book. Just to let you know if that ever happens to you, it is perfectly acceptable to bang your head on the bed for as long as you want!
So my tip for the day is take a few minutes today and save everything to your hard drive and then disk or flash drive. Not only the articles but all the important info on your links. I like to save everything to my yahoo bookmarks as an added layer of protection(my cyber condom). That way if I lose the entire computer, I will at least be able to get to everything on line. If for some reason, I lose my yahoo account and my computer, I will still have everything on disk to get me started again. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience, there is no such thing as over kill in an emergency!
Thanks for sticking by me,
SonyaAnn

10 comments:

Annie Jones said...

Laxatives are good for depression. Helps you get all that sad s*** out of your system. ;)

Pam said...

That's good advice about backing everything up. I always keep a spare copy of my blog background stuff. It took me to long to tweek it to get it the way I want it!

Nancy said...

SonyaAnne, Do I need to come over and set you straight - the past is sure the past - don't dwell on that past let's look forward to the new and improved A Mom Money and More! Come on, your not giving your bloggy sista's enough credit - This YaYa Sisterhood of the blog isn't goin' anywhere and we certainly don't desert a sista' in need now do we? So, Dust your butt off, dust the keyboard off and get to bloggin' girl!

Oh, Don't forget to check out my Margaritaville Friday - It will prove to be quite entertaining!

McVal said...

LOL! Laxatives are good for depression? That's a new one for me!
My hubby does a mirror backup of my server every once in a while.. I'm probably due for another one. Good idea on backing the blog stuff up tho. I'm not sure I know how to do that, but I"ll figure it out after the holiday stuff is over.

SonyaAnn said...

Annie Jones-My doctor is really that bad! Anna has a small cyst on her head and she said he would probably amputate her foot!

SonyaAnn said...

Pam-I probably wouldn't have started again if I didn't have so much of it stored. It did help. I'm going to cut and paste the entire first page so I have a reference now.

SonyaAnn said...

Nancy-What would I do without you kicking me in the rear? I need it to keep me moving.
Now I need to get back out there and start working at letting everyone that didn't find me where I am. I have3 to say that I feel somewhat invigorated by the fresh start.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-If you knew how bad out Dr is you would really have to wonder!
It makes everything easier to back it up. I even keep a copy of my books at my inlaws. I'm just looking at my "fresh" start as a learning experience!

Dan River Mama said...

So glad to have you back, HUGS! You have an award over at my blog...

SonyaAnn said...

Dan River Mama-BIG BIG BIG kiss for you! Thanks for being there for me. Everyone has been so wonderful to me, I can't ever remember a time when I truly felt this loved. Thank you.