Tuesday, July 14, 2009

One week with the new design

Here are a few things that I thought I would pass along to all of you. I am, as you know, not an expert in anything especially not in monetizing your blog but the few specks of information that I do have I thought that I would pass along. And all of these specks are thanks to Andy over at Tight Fisted Miser. Oh and by the way, he's cute!
Changing you blog is a pain in the butt but it is well worth it. Set up a test blog and make most of your mistakes there. Because I'm sure that some of you noticed I did try on this blog to practice and it was an interesting layout. I would like to thank Chicagolandia for her comment. You made me laugh instead of cry! Really, really! So practice on a test blog. And be prepared to be overwhelmed by the amount of free templates and also beware. A lot of the "free" templates have tons of links in them back to the "free" site where you got them. So I would be advertising for another company and not myself. Now don't get me wrong there are some really nice templates with the smallest of links back to the designer and that's great but there are a bunch that were just ridiculous. So once again this is where the test blog comes in handy. And be prepared to learn a tiny bit of code writing. I learned how to open up side bars. So easy to type and so hard to actually learn. And in the end, I chose a template that I didn't need to change. Go figure! Don't be afraid to ask for help in any way shape or form. This is a big one. I have gotten so many helpful hints on every aspect of this adventure. And I'm grateful. Ask people that are more established bloggers, they will save you a TON of time. And don't put an AdSense ad after your post. They don't work. Move your ads up, that pushed my clicks way up. I made $4.76 for the entire month of June. In the first three days after changing the blog around, I made $3.57. So that is huge! That's about all that I've got for you but I thought that it was a pretty interesting experiment. So if I find anything else that helps make a few more pennies, I'll let you know.
Thank you for reading,
SonyaAnn

No comments: