Monday, November 10, 2008

Some news I was going to tell you about before

Alright, I was going to tell you about this before but then my world came to a crashing halt. I think that I can take the (wannabe) author part off of my blog description. In September, I submitted a short blurb about my book to a publishing company. I knew with all of my heart that I would get a rejection letter and I was alright with it. I figured at least on my death bed I could say to myself that I saw the whole thing through. I mean I'm no one. I'm just a mom and a wife and I live in the middle of no where, who wants anything I've written. Great self confidence, I know. One of the major reasons that I never finished college was that I could barely get through English. I had a high school teacher tell me that I should stick with just writing my name.
Anyways, I wrote my book just as a hobby, my great passion. So I submitted it and I didn't hear anything back for a month. Well what happened was their first response went to my spam folder and was deleted. So they some how got through a month later and wanted to read it. So I sent it in on a Tuesday, Wednesday they sent me an email that they received it and Thursday they sent me a contract. It was a wonderful feeling of accomplishment. I felt so high and on top of the world. I felt like I was being told that everything everyone had ever said about my writing or lack there of, was incorrect. I was correct, I could write and accomplish my dreams. It's a moment that I will hold in my heart for the rest of my life. That was eight days before my dad died so at least he knew about it. Your life can change in a moment for good or bad.
So, if I don't blog as often as I should, I'm trying to meet all of my dead lines for the book. I have no idea what I'm doing and I feel completely out of my league but I'm faking it. Sometimes that's all you get.
Oh, I almost forgot the name of my book is Dissipate. It's sci-fi and a thriller.
Thank you,
SonyaAnn

No comments: