Monday, December 7, 2009

Good Times!

This is the dish soap that I got from the dollar store. It refuses to make bubbles. I think that even if you added really good dish soap to it, it would still refuse to make bubbles. But it smells amazing! So what good is dish soap that won't make bubbles and doesn't really cut through grease. It was killing me that I couldn't use it. I mean, me waste a $1. It wasn't going to happen. And then I came up with a plan.
We had a carpet cleaner a while ago but I killed it after a few years. I bought a super small one but it didn't do a good job. So right before Thanksgiving I bought one that was on sale. They say that you should wait a few weeks before you purchase something just to make sure that it is something that you really want/need. I waited a few years. I am also still waiting for a crock pot. Mine died a few years ago and I haven't replaced it. Making sure that you want something is a good thing but I may wait too long.
Anyways, back to the soap. I used the non bubbling soap and hydrogen peroxide to clean the carpets. I'm going into business! They looked so good and every room smelled amazing! I just filled the tank with hot water and put about a quarter cup of hydrogen peroxide and a good squirt of the soap in the tank. Or it could be that the carpets hadn't been cleaned in so long that anything is an improvement. But I'm sticking with my latest concoction as being the reason that they look so great!
If given enough time, I will re purpose anything!
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn

10 comments:

Annie Jones said...

Great idea and has to cost a lot less than the Kirby brand stuff our carpet cleaner "requires".

Dan River Mama said...

My homemade laundry soap doesn't suds, so i use that in the carpet cleaner. But, I'm willing to let you bring your stuff here and show me how you do it. :P

SonyaAnn said...

Annie Jones-I worked for Kirby when I was in high school. I still want one!! They are the best vacuums ever!!

SonyaAnn said...

Dan River Mama-You are funny!!! My back feels like it is on fire after I clean the carpets.
Could you imagine the fun we would have if we got together?

McVal said...

Good thinking!!! Maybe they mis-labeled the bottle! You need to contact them for royalties on the idea...

A.Marie said...

I have the same carpet cleaner that you do! I am going to try your idea. I never thought about using hydrogen peroxide...you're so smart! :)

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-Good thinking but I doubt they will share the $!

SonyaAnn said...

A.Marie-I'm so happy with it! It does an amazing job. And for the love of all things, test it first! Just remember that it is still me and I can be a jinx.I don't want to ruin your carpets.

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, you are just so smart. Way to not waste $1! (I won't waste $1 either. It drives Hubby crazy.)

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-Spank you!