Thursday, December 17, 2009

I Forgot!

I forgot to post this one!! I took this the beginning of December. This is probably one of the most amazing pictures I've taken! I bet A.Marie will get it. For everyone else in warmer climates, this is the most wonderful thing ever. I was able to harvest some parsley and green onions. It should have been covered in yucky snow but it has been so warm here that everything was still growing. Mind you not anymore, it's snowed and been super cold. But still to harvest something the beginning of December on the IL/WI border, I don't think it has ever been done. Have I said that I hate cold before? I just wish the entire winter would stay warm.
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn

8 comments:

A.Marie said...

WOW! That is all I can say...WOW! That is totally, incredibly, wonderfully amazing!! You seriously took that at the beginning of December? How in the world? Maybe I should have left my peppers in the ground and also my dill. I bet that I could still be getting some yummies from my garden! :)

What are you going to do with your unexpected harvest? I'm thinking a yummy omlet with some of the onions mixed in with the egg and cheese and then sprinkle the parsley on top. What time should I come over?? HAHAHAHA!!

Annie Jones said...

I saw a couple of errant radishes and a tiny sprig or two of lettuce still in our garden up until a couple of weeks ago. Not enough to harvest, but enough to remind how warm the late season had been ... emphasis on the HAD. Now it's cold here, too. Like you, I hate the cold weather. If I could fly, I'd head south with the geese.

Frances said...

Yeah for you! Of course, that would not be unusual here in Texas. LOL!

SonyaAnn said...

A.Marie-I figured you would like that one. A few of the green onions that I didn't harvest are poking up threw the snow. I just can't wait until it gets warm again. I hate cold!

SonyaAnn said...

Annie Jones-I hate to see everything die and get covered in snow. It is so depressing. Give me hot! I'll fly with you, boy will our arms be tired. Burump, bump, bum!!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-Why am I always jealous of you? From undie vacuuming hubs to warm weather!

Dawna said...

I'm going to send you some Egyptian walking onions soon! You'll love them.

SonyaAnn said...

Dawna-I swear you are one of the few that love me. Why is the only love we get is from other bloggers?