Thursday, December 3, 2009

Not Having Boundaries

I forgot to tell you about what I did in Florida. The kids were just reminding me of how weird I am and this little tidbit was referenced to prove their point.
When we got off of the plane in FL, we had to wait for the bus to bring us to our car rental. No problems there. But when we got on the bus, it was the four of us and this very sick man. He was sneezing and coughing. We were driving for a while and he had to just hang his head because he was in so much pain. Well, it was too much for me. I asked him where he was from and he was from Chicago. So I was telling him how I was so sick a few days before and we probably had the same thing. I told him how I managed to put myself back together with a bunch of pills. So I started to rummage threw my purse and pulled out some sinus pills and some cough drops with vitamins in them. Well, I guess it was just too much for my family. They were in hysterics. They started talking about me like I wasn't even there. Things like, "I knew it, I knew it. When he started coughing, I knew she would get involved. She will even drug strangers." were being said. I think the poor man was a little scared when they started referring to me as a witch. But I gave him a handful of drugs and wished him well on his trip. And then I reminded him to never take candy from a stranger just drugs. He thought it was really funny and then started popping the pills that I gave him.
I, once again, meant well, it was just an odd gesture. So if you ever spent time with me, DON'T COUGH!
Thanks for stopping by,
SonyaAnn

12 comments:

McVal said...

LOL! So you're a pusher... ? My family act like they know me so well too... Darn - maybe they do.

Pam said...

It's so true...only take drugs from strangers, nothing else.

Linda said...

Your remind me of my sister-inlaw, who lives here in Vegas, but she is from Chicago. She has never met a stranger. I love going to the Mall with her, She always has full on conversation with people she doesnt even know. I could see her being a drug pusher also...HaHa. I really wish I could be more that way.

Dan River Mama said...

LOL S.A.! You never struck me as a pusher. Just when you think you know someone...

A.Marie said...

Aaaaahhhh Choooo..sniffle..cough.. Ummm..errr..any "pushers" anywhere! LOL

Just like Dan River Mama said..Just when you think you know someone.... HAHA!

I always say that Mothers are the reason that Tylenol and cold medicine companies stay in business! Not to mention Kleenex and Puffs! :)

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-It's a mom thing!

SonyaAnn said...

Pam-Right, you wouldn't want to get drugs from a family member!

SonyaAnn said...

Linda-I'm sure your SIL and I would get along great. Maybe its a Chicago thing! And really I don't know if you would want to be like me. You might end up in trouble!

SonyaAnn said...

Dan River Mama-I bet you would do the same thing!

SonyaAnn said...

A.Marie-You better watch it cuz you are too close to me. It would only take me a few hours to get to you and then get you hooked on drugs!

Frances said...

LOL! I do the same thing at work. I am always offering sick people drugs. Now everyone comes to me when they need something. LOL!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-It was a first for me but probably not the last!