Monday, December 28, 2009

What the ****?

I'm just asking but I'm pretty sure on this one. Isn't there a law against having to put two transmissions into two cars in the same year? Yup, I think there is a law against it. Anyways, Den turned the corner into our subdivision and it wouldn't go. And we are in the same boat as before, it has a new motor in it. So we are going to pay the $1400 and have it fixed. I figured out the costs of the white car. And even with the transmission, it has worked out to $80 a month for that car. It has been pretty good to us. I just hope that the black car ends up being that cheap after a few years. Right now with the transmission I think it works out to somewhere around $170 a month. That is kind of high but the majority was the $3000 we paid for it. The only good new is we have $1000 in the car fund. I hate to deplete it but at least we have the majority of it. Now, I pray, nothing else goes wrong until we can get more money in the fund. And I was so excited to start the year with that fund funded.
I can't wait to see what 2010 brings!
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn

8 comments:

Annie Jones said...

What a bummer!

We had a pretty good emergency fund going until I had my dental work done at the end of summer. Now it's depleted and we're into bad weather, so Shane isn't working nearly as many hours right now. It's going to be rough for while, but once we get our tax return we can probably pay off our van. Then it will be spring and overtime will start up again.

Hang in there!

Nancy said...

SonyaAnne,

I just got my car back with a rebuilt tranny the week before Christmas! Been without her for almost a month to save up the money to get her fixed!

Praise the Lord you have the majority of the money now to get it repaired!

So, are you ready for 2010 because I know I am!

SonyaAnn said...

Annie Jones-It looks like you are having a hard time too!
I can't wait to get our tax return. That should help a bit and we need to apply for aid for Anna. And we need to get her wisdom teeth done. UGH! It's never ending but you know this already. I'm just Captain Obvious today!

SonyaAnn said...

Nancy-Can I ask how much it was for your transmission? And I'm glad to hear that you didn't just charge it. It's so much harder to try and scrap the money together but not getting a huge credit card bill makes it all worth it!

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, what a bummer and you are right, there should be a law against it! I am so glad you have the money to fix it. I know it hurts to deplete the fund, but so much better than not being able to fix it.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I know I'm happy we have it but still. Anyways, the tranny guy called me yesterday and said something is screwed up with the computer so they sent it to another mechanic. UGH, now I'm panicking!
And I love your new picture. Awwwww, you guys are so cute!

Frances said...

Hope it's nothing to serious with the car!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-It ended up being only $265. It was an electrical problem. Thank God!