Thursday, February 4, 2010

Engage



So I was thinking about what I wrote the other day(my diet and all). It made me think about what level I'm engaged at. There are so many aspects of our lives but how involved am I. I can tell you right now that when I'm cleaning and/or scrubbing toilets my mind is off completely! When I'm with the kids, I've made it a conscious effort to be present. Every once in a while, Anna will start with the "then she said and then I said and then he said" stuff and I find it hard to stay tuned in. But I really do try with the kids. With the bills, all my little cylinders are firing. When I write my book, I'm all there and accounted for. I'm always so thrilled to be writing that it gets all of my attention. So, I was pretty pleased with myself until I thought about my diet. Yup, that is my down fall. I talk about it even complain about it but what am I doing to be engaged with it. I'm not involved with that aspect of my life. I'm talking, not doing. I need to switch on when it comes to putting food in my mouth. I seem to go somewhere else when it comes to eating. And this has got to stop. I'm going to rewrite the grocery list that should help to bring in more healthy meals. But I need to be present and paying attention to actually accomplish my weight loss goal. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully, posting my progress will keep me aware of what I'm doing and centered. Or maybe all of this analysis will push me over the edge and I will end up in the psych ward!
Thanks for stopping by,
SonyaAnn

17 comments:

kado! said...

very very true! you have to be "all there" to make a change really effective!

have you watched Food inc? it will encourage you to change your grocery list for sure!!!

SonyaAnn said...

kado!- Now please remind me of this when I fall off the wagon.
No I haven't watched Food inc? I'll look into it. I need to do something to stay in the here and now.

SonyaAnn said...

TO ALL- I'm off to clean. Yay, I'm so lucky!

Frances said...

Hi, SonyaAnn. Good luck with getting engage with your diet. When you fall off the wagon, just dust yourself off and get back on.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-Thank you for the encouragement but that wagon sucks!

A.Marie said...

To bad that food doesn't work in reverse..you know, like apples are bad for you but cheesburgers aren't! :)

I've never heard of Food inc. I'm going to check that out!

Have a great day! I get to go and volunteer at the local thrift store. Usually I look forward to it, but today, I am feeling "blah" and would rather stay home...I am such a "party pooper!"

McVal said...

That's a wagon I need to jump on myself! I need to get some of the junk out of my house and only bring the good stuff in!

SonyaAnn said...

A.Marie-If it worked in reverse just about everyone I know would look like they are starving to death!
I do good for a few days and then I can't take it anymore and eat. I guess I just don't want it bad enough!
I feel blah too. I think that it is this gray weather! YUCK! I hate being cold.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-It is almost impossible to get all the junk food out when you have kids though! But I guess that it is my choice whether or not to put it in my mouth!

Beth said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I had to LOL at your post about your sons allergy reaction: moan, fart, giggle! That happens a lot at my house too ;)

After my dr's appt. yesterday I learned that I have gained 17 lbs since Thanksgiving. Eek! Part of my problem is eating because I'm bored or stressed which is ...well, most of the time.

Hang in there - we're in this together!

SonyaAnn said...

Beth-I'm so glad that you came to see me!
I angry eat so that must mean that I'm pissed all of the time! And I think that the doctor's office scales are rigged! They just want you to feel bad so they can put you on anti-depressants!

Kat said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Its so much fun to find new people to interact with and "look into" their world.

I agree - doctor's scales are either rigged or possessed. But I think rigged is closer to the truth - how else can they read us the riot act about weight if their own scales don't give them the perfect ammo?

SonyaAnn said...

Kat-I love finding new sites too. It's like legal voyeurism!
I hate just going to the doctors office. My grandfather would get all mad and tell them that he hated going to see them because he was fine until he got to the office. LOL. He was soooo bad!
Have a great day!

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, the diet wagon does suck. That is why I don't get on it. LOL!

Have a great weekend!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-We definitely need to come up with a new name, something other than the diet wagon!

Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas said...

Best wishes with the diet... it sounds like you have a good plan for making it happen! But even on a diet, you need to endulge your tastebuds on occassion... don't get too serious with it, otherwise it will not work. So basically, but good but remember to still enjoy.

SonyaAnn said...

Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas-Thank you but I kind of blew it again this weekend! I blame the super bowl. But it was too fun!