Thursday, March 11, 2010

Is this right?

I know it's a little hard to tell in the picture but the two packages to the left are a tasty brownish/green. I'm pretty sure that pepperoni isn't supposed to be that color. So I had to make a pasta dish for a party that we were heading off to. I was running behind and Den made the dish for me. Yay for marrying a chef. (And the one thing that I find amazing is, when he chops something, it is all the same size.) Anyways, I went to dump in the pepperoni and well, let's just say that our pasta didn't end up with pepperoni. So here is where I screwed up, I just pitched it. I didn't bring it back to the store. I know not very frugal but it was making me gag so I tossed it. We were in a rush and just the thought of putting it back in the frig and letting it molest any of our other foods made me sick. I took this picture and then Den took it to the trash outside. I wrote Hormel and they did answer. They said that it was the way that Walmart handled the food. They said they would send me a coupon to replace it. We shall see.
Anyone hungry?
Have a great day,
SonyaAnn

20 comments:

Annie Jones said...

Mmmm....Pepperoni and Penicillin Pasta.

SonyaAnn said...

Annie Jones-It was gross!

I'm off to clean, gee great!

Sheila said...

No way would that go back in my fridge--I would toss it too. After having worked at Wally World, I am not surprised by what Hormel said. If we tried to put something in the claims area, the girl who worked there would some times come out and question us about it and it would eventually be put back on the shelf. YUCK!!!

Myndie said...

At least they responded! Let us know if they follow through!

McVal said...

Oh barf!

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-Thanks for the heads up about Wally world but my guess is that what happened there is pretty standard for all grocery stores!
Thank you for coming to see me.

SonyaAnn said...

Myndie-It just makes you wonder about all of the food that you get from the store!

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-Funny girl!

slugmama said...

I'd say Pepperoni and eColi Pasta!
If Hormel doesn't send that free Q, I send them that photo and see if that gets their butts off the couch.

And I was going to make homemade Calzones this weekend.....oh, thanks for this image!LOLOL

kado! said...

...yet another reason I stay away from meat! ;)

SonyaAnn said...

slugmama-It is going to be a while before I can eat pepperoni!

SonyaAnn said...

kado!-You are so right!

tweezle said...

That's terrible! Glad they are agreeing to send a c/o though.

Thanks for stopping by and the follow!

The Warrior in ME said...

Chef plus pasta plus your description- can ANYONE not be hungry?

SonyaAnn said...

tweezle-I lost my appetite! And thank you for coming to see me!

SonyaAnn said...

The Warrior in ME-Are you saying that you don't want to come over for dinner?

Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas said...

Eeeeky... I thought eating ones greens was a good thing, but that... not so much!

That's cool that Hormel said they will send you a coupon : ).

SonyaAnn said...

Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas-You are soooo funny!

Frances said...

I don't know....that looks like a lot of pepperoni to toss. I have taken a lot of things back to stores that others would probably toss. I have taken dead fish back to pet stores(when they died within the warranty period), cat food with bugs in it, flour with weevils in it and once I got some peaches that were beautiful on the outside but all rotten on the inside. I took the cut open peaches back to the store.

Yes, I want my money back!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-It was a sin but we were late. I have taken back bad crab legs. The woman behind the counter started to argue that there was no way to tell if they were bad or not. But before she could finish, I opened the bag and let it waft out. She gagged and I got my money back!