Monday, March 15, 2010

A Twisted Tip

As I've said many, many times, if you live in this house you are a mess in one way or another. But if you give me enough time, I'll experiment on you and you will improve or be injured. After a few years of messing with the dog's skin, I think we have gotten it under control. I'm not even going to bring up how much we have wasted at the vet's. It is too upsetting to think that we paid all of that money and she didn't get any better.
We started adding oil to her food. Sometimes we add a special oil made for dogs and sometimes it's good old olive oil. Den baths her in moisturizing shampoo and uses oatmeal conditioner on her. And I have the pleasure of rubbing her down with a hydrating lotion every day. I'm still living the dream. So when someone asks me what I did for the day, I can say, "I rubbed lotion on my dogs tits." Nothing like tweaking a dog teat to start the day off right. The sad thing is she chewed one off so she has 7 and a half nips. It's an adventure.

I think she fits in perfect at our house, she is just a bit possessed. Now go back and reread the title for this post! I am funny or odd.
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn

18 comments:

Annie Jones said...

Funny, odd and most of all, twisted. ;)

SonyaAnn said...

Annie Jones-Yes but it worked. Who would have thunk it?

Jude said...

Yep, it worked, and you thunk it..?

I had one with "allergies" (skin irritation) Benedryl worked - for awhile...(and bonus, it makes them a little tired.) Works on kids too!

A.Marie said...

Ummmm....I'll have to start calling you Dr. SonyaAnn! :)

Sheila said...

Funny, odd? It all works for me--you make me laugh!! I think your dog would fit in just fine here with my "possessed dachshund".

SonyaAnn said...

Jude-Is there anything that Benedryl can't do?
Thanks for coming to see me!

SonyaAnn said...

A.Marie-Maybe a proctologist?

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-Did you ever wonder why we ended up with the possessed dogs?

Sheila said...

SonyaAnn,
I do wonder that--but I think I'm afraid of the answer!!!

Laurie said...

Your post cracked me up :-)

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, I would have asked if you could be any more twisted, but I am already pretty sure you can be. LOL!

Happy Monday!

The Warrior in ME said...

"She chewed one off" made me re-read. She did? Ouch! I can't think of anything else to say.

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-I often wonder what I did in my last life to deserve all this!

SonyaAnn said...

Laurie-Sad but true!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I was rubbing lotion on her and I thought she had a growth. She has a few lumps that we watch. But it ended up being her nipple. I felt so dumb!

SonyaAnn said...

The Warrior in ME-Gross and funny all in one. Only I could get a dog that would tear its tits off.

Christina said...

I bet they eventually stop asking about your day.

Some one needs to teach the dog how to use low beams. ;-)

SonyaAnn said...

Christina-LOL! You are funny. Thanks for the laugh.