Monday, March 29, 2010

Zote!

I know that this soap has been around for a long time but I just found it so it is new to me. All I can say is it is amazing! I found it in the laundry aisle at Woodman. It was $.89 so I figured I would give it a try. I was using it for just spot treatment but I can see how this would make great laundry detergent. And it is said that you can use it to catch fish. I don't know if I believe that one but if you wanna try it please let me know if it works! It has a million and one uses.
I heard somewhere on the Internet that one woman would just get one article of clothes all soapy and then add it to her washing machine. She did that instead of using laundry detergent. I don't know if I would go that far but it would work if you ran out of laundry detergent or were on an emergency budget.
The only thing that I found as a slight drawback was the scent. It has citronella oil. It smells kind of like a pine floor cleaner so you will need to spray your clothes when they are dry with a little homemade fabric softener(vinegar or water and fabric softener diluted).

But here is the proof that it is a miracle worker. This is our reusable mop. Every morning, we use it to mop the kitchen floor. Well not so much we as it is Anna. It's her job but I sometimes get the honor when she is running late. It is over a year old and it was pretty dingy. I soaped it up and threw it in the wash. It looks almost like new. I wish that I had taken a before picture but you can imagine what it looked like after a year of use. So this product is getting the Sonya stamp of approval. I really need to get a life!
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn

18 comments:

Anything Fits a Naked Man said...

I just wanted to drop by and thank you for visiting and following my blog. I really, really appreciate it. I'm glad you did, now I'm following you back! Cheers!!

Annie Jones said...

Zote is one of the soaps often used in homemade laundry soap, so I have no doubt it works well. I won't use it though, because I hate the smell of citronella. :(

A.Marie said...

I remember seeing this soap a long time ago, but I haven't run across it since!

I would probably use this on my hubby's dirty work clothes, but I don't know if he would like the smell either! :)

Sheila said...

I have been looking for that soap for my homemade laundry soap--I'm so glad you told us about the smell--I'll stop looking now!!! I do use Fels Naptha in my homemade detergent and also as a spot remover--it works pretty well.
I should be so lucky as to have someone--other than me--mop the kitchen floor--ever--let alone every morning. Lucky you!!

Feeling Just Right said...

Yay for good detergent and a clean mop!

McVal said...

Cool! And I personally love the smell of citronella... Subconsciously I know it will keep mosquitos away, and it just reminds me of summer. I think it will drive my husband mad tho.

Frances said...

I love the smell of citronella, but I don't know that I would want my clothes to smell of it.

Thanks for the review!

SonyaAnn said...

Anything Fits a Naked Man-And thank you right back!!

SonyaAnn said...

Annie Jones-If you can get passed the smell, it is beyond amazing. I'm getting used to it. I think that is just because its cheap and that is winning me over.

SonyaAnn said...

A.Marie-It is growing on me. And since we are looking for ways to cut costs this is moving up on my list.

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-I've used both Fels Naptha and Zote. Zote won for getting stains out. Just an fyi.

SonyaAnn said...

Feeling Just Right-Thanks for coming to see me!

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-It seems like the older the bar gets the less it smells. I wonder why? Maybe it is drying out?

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-You are welcome!

Rene W. said...

SOunds like it has some great uses, especially being citrinella smelling but, ya - I don't think I would like the smell. Sounds good for camping though :)

SonyaAnn said...

Rene W.-Good idea with the camping. Just wash your clothes and hope that it helps keep the mosquitoes away.

yonca said...

I saw this soap before but never used it. Glad it works well. Thanks for the review!

SonyaAnn said...

yonca-And thank you for coming to see me!