Thursday, April 1, 2010

Good Tip!

It looks like a flag, doesn't it? But no, it is one of the used Purex 3-in-1 sheets. I got a free sample. I have to say that I loved them. I did buy 2 boxes. I wouldn't normally spend that much but I had a buy1 get 1 free coupon and they were on sale. I added it Anna's college supply so I didn't try them.
When I got the free sample, I gave it a whirl. WOW, they really are great. My clothes smelled wonderful and it was fun to try something new.
As I was folding the clothes, I found the used sheet. I set it behind me on my dresser and finished the super fun task of folding and then putting the clothes away. Motherhood, a gift from God.
It still smelled wonderful. I thought about dropping it in one of the sock drawers or stuffing it in Anna's track shoes. It would be a free sachet. And Anna's shoes need all the help they can get!
The cat had been sitting next to my used sheet and it had quite a bit of cat hair on it. And the light bulb came on! I dusted the dresser with it. It picked up the dust and cat hair better than my normal duster. So don't pitch these, they work better than used dryer sheets and are sturdier.
Just a thought!
Have a great day,
SonyaAnn

16 comments:

Anything Fits a Naked Man said...

Great tip! Thanks!!

Annie Jones said...

Great recycling tip.

Sheila said...

I thought about trying those but wasn't sure if it was worth the money--maybe I'll give them a try. And thanks for the the dusting tip--I have tons of weenie dog hair to get up every day--and some said dachshunds don't shed!!! HAH!!!!!

McVal said...

Thanks! I'm going to have to pick some up. Always looking for new ways to dust up this darned dog hair off everything...

Jude said...

Wow, great idea for a college kid - you're a smart mom!! I confess, mine buys her own laundry crap.

I suck. (Make sure Anna knows how lucky she is.)

Feeling Just Right said...

Motherhood, a gift from God! Hahaha :D

SonyaAnn said...

Anything Fits a Naked Man-Thanks for coming to see me. I'm sorry that I'm so far behind, the kids are home! That should say it all!

SonyaAnn said...

Annie Jones-I'm trying!

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-Use the link and you can try two for free! Maybe I should have put that little tidbit in there! Let's just blame the kids!

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-But I thought that your hubs had it all taken care of with a bit of glue!

SonyaAnn said...

Jude-RIGHT, if I tried to tell Anna that she had it good, she would just go into another grand maul seizure(that's what I call all the eye rolling) and snort. Maybe someday she will get it!

SonyaAnn said...

Feeling Just Right-;)

kado! said...

i have my sample sheets right next to my washer...I'll try this trick!

I always do a little wipe of something with my used dryer sheets too...

SonyaAnn said...

kado!-They are so wonderful and they smell great! You love mail and I love free!

Melissa said...

Great tip!! I'm about to pull one out of the dryer now. I'll have to do some dusting on my way back from the laundry room.

SonyaAnn said...

Melissa-If you are bored, you could always dust here!;)