Tuesday, May 25, 2010

All Kinds of Frugal!

I've passed cheap on to my kids! I'm so proud and I wish I had a metal to give DJ. I doubt that he would wear it though. Hmmmmm, maybe I could make him one out of an old juice lid!
This is my beautiful little wagon. I had two but they don't have a very long shelf life. I got two years out of the two of them and then well, it was looking like they were headed for the burn barrel. In walks DJ, he took both of them apart, painted it with some old paint in the garage, and reassembled one with all of the good parts. And the amazing thing is he didn't crush/break/ stomp any of the left over bits. The poor kid is a bit clumsy at times and usually destroys something on accident. But this time he fixed it. Who knew? I'm thinking about a bunch of little projects he can work on. I'll make him regret showing me this talent yet!
I just hope that he carries these cheap values into adulthood. He is pretty tight as it is so I think he will be alright. It's Anna and Den that need a good dose of frugal!
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn

16 comments:

A.Marie said...

WOW!! He did good!!! :)

Annie Jones said...

That's really cute! I think DJ did a great job.

Sheila said...

Good job. Isn't it a nice feeling when our kids surprise us like that?

SonyaAnn said...

A.Marie-I know he even impressed himself!

SonyaAnn said...

Annie Jones-It was cute he was so proud of himself. He has his moments, few and far between!

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-It was a nice little gift!

McVal said...

Wow! Great job! I wish my kids were more frugal and creative like that! I'm going to send my kids over there...

slugmama said...

I think you have a budding handyman on your hands there!
Looks like a nice job he did.....
Do you hire him out?....I've got work for him...lol

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-I'm positive that my own kids don't even want to be here! Your would run away quickly but I could try and put them to work!!!

SonyaAnn said...

slugmama-I will gladly send mess boy to you! usually he is breaking more than he is ever fixing!!!

slugmama said...

You forget SonyaAnn that I have TWO boys....boys are ALL Mess Boys!lol

Noah's friend who is always over here is a disaster zone child...everything he touches gets destroyed. Now the 2 of them are into 'parkour' so they are destroying the outside of the house too....ya can't win until they leave home!lol

SonyaAnn said...

slugmama-All I have to say is that besides destroying items they are rough on a person. I'm tough as hell. He is constantly stepping on me, falling, or tripping on me too!

Frances said...

I have been in training for 2 days and haven't had a chance to comment. (I was busy watching Dancing With the Stars last night. LOL!)

Good for DJ! He should be very proud of himself.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-He was and it helped that I made over him too!

Jennifer said...

How freakin cool is that!!!!!! Love it

SonyaAnn said...

Jennifer-Thank you!!! And thank you for coming to see me!