Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hurry!

What I'm about to tell you will shock and disturb you. No, it is not a bedroom secret! I'm a bit cheap. I know, you would never have guessed it.
Since yard sale season will be opening, I thought I would just remind everyone to stock up on Easter baskets. My kids have been using the same basket for Easter since they were very small. But I try and collect a few as interesting planters. They don't last long but for a quarter, I'm fine with it. Or you could make your own gift baskets. Yeah, I know this is nothing new but just give me a second! Here are a couple of place(here and here) that give you some neat ideas that you could use to fill the jars.
A friend of ours just lost her father to a tragic accident. So I wanted to send a little something over. I know this is terrible but I got some bagel and rolls that were marked down at the end of the day. I found that small piece of cloth in the drawer and grabbed a basket. That cost me $5. Now I just pray that she doesn't find my blog! But it's the thought that counts, right?
So if you are out and about looking for deals, don't forget about grabbing a basket or two. A thinking of you basket goes over very well.
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn

13 comments:

kado! said...

Hey that is a Great gift-basket! I'd love to get something thoughtful like that, you are a great friend.

great idea.

McVal said...

Great ideas! THanks! City wide garage sale this weekend around here. I wish I had some spare cash!

SonyaAnn said...

kado!-You leave wonderful commnts! Yay, I like being me well only for the moment.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-I would start searching the couch and all the yucky places that change likes to hide! I hope you find some spare $.

SonyaAnn said...

And once again because I'm too cheap to pay for WiFi, I can only get online with free dial up. So it may take me a while to stop over at everyone's blog. See and this is what I get!

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, that is a lovely basket and I am sure your friend was pleased to receive it and really appreciated you thougths.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-Thank you. Sometimes I just fee guilty for not spending a ton of money on a gift. I know I should let it go but I'm being honest. It's the thought that counts! Now I just have to remind myself of that.

Frances said...

Well, SonyaAnn, if you ever think a gift is too cheap to give to someone, send it to me. I love any gift, no matter what it cost.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-Not a problem!

Linda Robinson said...

Thanks for the great idea, Someone I work with just broke there arm and some of us have brought her dinner but a little basket some goodies would be perfect for her!
Thanks for stopping by and seeing me!
Hugs, Linda

SonyaAnn said...

Linda Robinson-That was sweet that you all made her dinner. That would fit perfectly into the basket too.
Have a great day!

slugmama said...

Now why is doing something nice and cheap going to shock and disturb me?

After being online NOTHING shocks me and after watching all your Wicked Wednesdays NOTHING disturbs me....anymore.lolol

I celebrate the cheap and say yay! to you for being that and nice to others.
Finding an inexpensive way to do something nice for someone else if a win/win in my book!
You done good kiddo!!! ;-)

SonyaAnn said...

slugmama-"You done good kiddo!!! ;-)" Wow, this is one of my favorite!!! Now if I could just get everything else in my life this cheap!!!