Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm Full of It Lately!



I'm just chocked full of tips lately. I love this one. I'm kind of known for giving unique and useful gifts. And this is why I'm having such a hard time keeping the Christmas shopping under control. I keep trying to outdo myself.
We reuse all of our Christmas gift bags because we exchange gifts when we are together. But with Birthday gifts, we just send them off and I don't get the bags back.
I hate spending the money(even though it is just a $1) for the bags. Yes, everyone in the family recycles but I like to be a rebel and mix it up every once in a while. So I go to the dollar store and buy cheap little purses($1 each) for the girls and use them as a gift bag. How much fun is that! I haven't spent anymore on the bag than I would have and they get a purse instead of a paper bag. I bet the bag will be loved almost as much as the gift card in it.
Thanks for stopping by,
SonyaAnn
PS-I'm off to clean so I won't be able to get back to you for a bit! Have a great day, I'm sure that I will be. And I'm still in need of a sarcasm button!

19 comments:

Sheila said...

Another great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Beth said...

What a great idea. I had never thoguht of doing that before. Thanks! I also save/re-use my gift bags :)

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

I love that idea!
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

McVal said...

Have a great day! And very cute idea with the purse!

Jennifer said...

That is a great idea (like everyone before me wrote). Really cute to give to a teen with a gift card inside instead of just an envelope and gift card.

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-And thank you for coming to see me!

SonyaAnn said...

Beth-If you are going to spend a buck on a bag, this is an very reusable gift!!

SonyaAnn said...

www.MaisonStGermain.com-I'm glad that you liked it! I'm full of them!

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-Right back at ya, cutie!

SonyaAnn said...

Jennifer-I'm glad that you liked my ideas! And thank you for the very nice compliment! You get to move to the head of the class!

SonyaAnn said...

www.MaisonStGermain.com-:)

Annie Jones said...

Great idea! I love being able to give (or receive) gifts that are wrapped in something that is also part of the gift.

SonyaAnn said...

Annie Jones-I MISSED YOU! I'm glad that you are back!

Frances said...

Cute, cute idea!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-:)

kado! said...

LOVE it!

I LOVE the dollar store!

SonyaAnn said...

kado!-I could live there and the rent would probably be cheap!

Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas said...

Awesome idea!!! I love reusables, and cloth totes definitely last longer than the ones specifically made for gift bags.

SonyaAnn said...

Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas-She was really jazzed about the bag and not so much the gift certificate!!!