Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Tip and A Complaint


Now is the time when the poor folks living on the frozen tundra(Antioch IL is part of the arctic, I'm pretty sure) start taking the plastic off of the windows. I have found if you pull the plastic away from the tape, the plastic can be used again. If you take it all off at once(plastic and tape), the plastic tears and it likes to stick together making it useless.

But no matter what, every year I have to paint the trim somewhere in the house. Murphy's Law is at work every time. Why can't it pull the paint off at the top of the window? You know, the part that is under the blind that no one can see! Damn Murphy!
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn

6 comments:

Kelly L said...

I cannot imagine having to put plastic up on the windows to stay warm in the winter... WOW - I have my windows open at night in the dead of winter... but I'm guessing if you had a low of 50 degrees you might too... especially during menopause..lol

Love to you.
Kelly
I've Become My Mother

SonyaAnn said...

Kelly L-We hit 30 below(with the wind chill) without a problem. I hate being cold! I don't know why we live here. Oh ya, this is where Den works!

Donna Freedman said...

Little-known fact: "Murphy's Law" used to be called "Glidden's Law."

SonyaAnn said...

Donna Freedman-I still say that you should be a stand up comedian!

Annie Jones said...

Shane gave up on using the tape to hold the plastic up. Instead he uses 1/2-inch trim boards to hold the plastic up like a little frame. It's a process; he uses just enough tape to hold the plastic temporarily and sticks the rest of the tap to the trim board on the side facing the wall. It makes a tight seal, but doesn't peel any paint when we take it down. I'll have to post about it when it goes back up in the fall.

BTW, like you, I can't tolerate the cold, and we have our plastic up from mid-October to mid-late March most years.

SonyaAnn said...

Annie Jones-Shane is amazing!!!
My dream is for new windows. I can't even imagine how wonderful that would be!