Monday, May 10, 2010

Zote, rehashed!


I'm so sorry that I ever said that this amazing soap was stinky. This is a retraction, who knew? I'm completely over the citronella smell. I'm used to it now and it seems to make everything smell more clean. I'm using less laundry soap and then scrubbing one really dirty article of clothing with Zote and adding that to the load. A $3 box of laundry soap is now lasting for a few months. It's been almost eight weeks and I still have about a third of a box left. I'm using about one bar a month so I'm guessing that my laundry cost is about $2 a month and the clothes have never been cleaner. But part of that could be because I'm scrubbing some of the articles more.
And I have also been taking a small sliver of it, tying it in an old sock and putting it in the dryer. It really helps with the static cling. So is this a old sock tip or is it a laundry tip? You can chose.
My friend is allergic to mosquitoes and I can't wait to experiment on her. It is supposed to be a great repellent! We shall see.
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn


10 comments:

Pam said...

I am glad it's working for you! Nothing like getting clothes clean for cheap.

kado! said...

Wow, I love it! I will have to find this soap and give it a try! Sounds like you should market it to the public...just box it up and charge double! ;)

SonyaAnn said...

Pam-I love cheap but I think that you know that already!!

SonyaAnn said...

kado!-You are always thinking! I need to find a way to make some money around here!

Frances said...

Hi, SonyaAnn! Just dropping by so you won't forget me.

slugmama said...

Hey, let us know if the Zote helps your allergic buggy friend!
Are you going to steal all her dirty laundry and wash it in Zote?lol

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I could NEVER forget you!! NEVER EVER!

SonyaAnn said...

slugmama-Maybe! The things that I think about. There are times when I think that I'm nuts!

McVal said...

Great tip! I'll be trying that!

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-Thank you for coming to see me!!