Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Great Tip

Can you tell by the look on her face that she was not happy with me? This was Anna's first little road trip.(Well, at least the first one that I know of!) She started summer school on Monday and had to leave on Sunday so she drove her car. Den, of course, checked everything before we left but I can't help but worry. So I told her that if her car broke down, she wasn't to get out of the car except for the police or a tow truck driver. There is nothing but construction so if she did break down they would tow her right away. I told her to take a picture of the plate of the tow truck and text it to me. I also told her to tell the driver what she was doing. I think that is a great tip for young girl drivers.
The good thing is the car and Anna made it back to her grandmother's with no problem. And I can just hear Anna now,"But Mom, why can't I take my car to college? It made it from Wisconsin with no problems." She maybe able to do things but I need to take it slow or I'm upset and cranky!
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn

12 comments:

Sheila said...

Way to go, Anna!! Way to go, Mom!!! I think you gave her some very sound advice. You just can't be too safe nowadays. Anna is way ahead of me--I never drove from one state to another alone until I was 46--that was in Feb. to go to my brothers funeral. I wasn't sure I could do it but I did and it felt great. I keep telling my girls they need to do things like that so they don't get to be my age and think they aren't capable of so many things!!
You are a good mom. I'm not sure I would have thought of those things to tell my daughters--thanks so much for sharing that!!

A.Marie said...

Great tip!!! Have I told you lately how awesome you are???!!! :)

Beth said...

See, you raised her right! She looks adorable in the picture by the way :)

Frances said...

Well, Mom, your baby is growing up. And you have to let her. After all, she is gonna do it anyway.

She probably felt awesome to have made that drive on her own.

slugmama said...

I'm with Frances....ya gotta let her go....loosen those apron strings. You've got a boy too and being a boy you'll prolly have to shove him outta the nest!lolol

That's a good tip tho for women driving alone who break down. I got a flat at 18 alone at night on the interstate and it was long before cell phones....scary!!

Rene W. said...

Isn't technology great?! I love that they can take pics & text them if things aren't right - major peace of mind! Glad things went smoothly.

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-Thank you for all the enthusiasm!!! I was nervous but she pulled through.
Sorry about your brother. I lost my dad so I understand the grief of losing a family member.
And I'm proud of you for the long drive. I drove from IL to FL and I decided that I would never do that again! Flying doesn't suck!

SonyaAnn said...

A.Marie-And right back at ya!!

SonyaAnn said...

Beth-And I'm sure when I tell her that you said that you will be her new favorite person!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I told her that it is more about me getting used to her doing things than her being capable. She just laughs.
And she was quite proud of herself, driving all that way and starting college.
Have a great weekend!

SonyaAnn said...

slugmama-LOL about the boy thing. We can't keep Anna here. The boy is another story! DJ said the other day that we couldn't move into a nursing home because then he would have nowhere to live!

SonyaAnn said...

Rene W.-Anna doesn't do well with problems so I'm glad that it went well!
Have a great weekend!