Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Little Bit of Education!

We went to the Historic Washington House. It was where the ice cream sundae was invented!!! We were all in Heaven. It was that wonderful. We may have to make a pilgrimage every year.
"The historic Washington House is a 19th century style, three story inn with a visitor center, an original 1890's saloon, a ballroom, and an old fashioned ice cream parlor. Ten rooms of the house are devoted to historic displays."-Discoverourtown.com

We spent almost two hours just wondering around looking at all of the displays! It was fun!
Anna loved posing on the stage, DJ not so much.
And the best part, the ice cream parlor!! We sat at the table on the bottom left. Yes, this place was so wonderful that I will remember where we sat!
This is the Buddy-o. It is at the Rogers Street Fishing Village. It was a lot of fun and educational. And the kids didn't rebel or anything!! I feel like Pam!
We also went to the 1st annual Carp Fest. Yes, this place is all kinds of fun! I loved the fact that everyone was so friendly and even teased us about being from Illinois!!
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn
PS-It is probably going to take a while for me to get back to you. WiFi is a hard thing to come by here!

8 comments:

Annie Jones said...

At least it wasn't a Crappie Fest. You know I'd LOL at the signs, even though I know better.

I used to work with a lady who home-canned the carp her husband would catch, then use it like canned tuna or salmon. It was wonderful!

Linda Robinson said...

Look like fun! I love those kinds of Vacations, When you get to explore a little history!

Take Care
Hugs, Linda

Frances said...

What a great vacation! I love places like the ones you are visiting. History is so exciting, even when it is not. LOL!

Where is the pic of you?

slugmama said...

nothing worse than crappie carp.
The Washington House sounds fascinating....I'd spent hours poking around in there too....and not all of it spent in the ice cream parlor.lol

SonyaAnn said...

Annie Jones-Oh Crap is a good word. Everyone is over the top nice but there is NOTHING to do! NOTHING! I'm a city girl by their standards. Our little town has 40,000 in it and 6 flags(Gurnee,IL) is just down the road. This town has 1400.
Maybe we are doing it wrong but I have yet to taste good carp!

SonyaAnn said...

Linda Robinson-I've never had a vacation that made me miss home. It's cooler here than at home and I'm not a fisherwoman.It was $60 just for a license for Den!!! My frugal heart cried a bit!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-You are cute! We have done it all here. We keep asking the locals and they say we "did" it all. But it is cute cuz they say, "Don't ya know!"

SonyaAnn said...

slugmama-Everyone serves ice cream here!!! It is the best part. Or maybe the best part is the fact that the boys keep leaving and I can do anything that I want! And anything consists of watching tv!