Tuesday, June 29, 2010

An Update on the Extras Budget

It's been a while since I've updated my list on all of the extras. I've had to change it around just because we have had some added expenses. Everything in green is paid for.


Anna's Teeth $1500
B-days $500
All other holidays $350
Car Stickers $300
WI Fee $65
taxes $25
glasses & contacts $700
Dr.ER&Dentist $200
Vet fund $125
garage door $750
flowers & garden $200
Pool fund $250
registration $200
school supplies $200
pictures $100
kids graduation $200
car fund $2100
house fund $200
4th July $75
EIU Trip(register) $150
hair cuts $100
clothes $125
Thanksgiving $100
Xmas $1700
Total left for the year-$2025

It's going to be close to get everything funded by the end of the year. I might be able to cash in my points from our credit card in October(ish). That would give me an extra $500 and that would put me over the top. $500 would be a nice chunk off of Christmas. And believe it or not, you actually get more money if you take a check instead of gift cards from the Bank of America rewards program. I was going to cash it in for whatever I could get more for and I was shocked when I did the math to learn that I would come out ahead with cash! Who knew!
I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn

4 comments:

Frances said...

Hi, SonyaAnn! I can read your blog again! You got the old one back. I don't know about you, but I am really happy about it.

I think you are managing your budget fine. And just think, your Christmas number may be a lot lower!

slugmama said...

That's crazy that getting cash from your card will be more than if you got gift cards or stuff! I sure wish I had your card....lolol

Well if you've got almost everything on your list paid for by June 30th I'd say you are in pretty good shape....but I don't say it too loud so the hellhole house doesn't hear me & decides to have something break.lol sssshhhhhhhh

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-It let me reload it! I was so happy because I put that template together in a couple of minutes and wasn't happy at all with it.
Fingers crossed on the Christmas budget!!

SonyaAnn said...

slugmama-I know!!! We have a Bank of America card.
You know me so well! Shhhhh, speak softly!