Thursday, July 29, 2010

All We Need Is A Real Tiki

This is just a rip off of our Chinese restaurant and our Mexican restaurant. We now have a Hawaiian restaurant. I cheated and bought Den all of this for Father's day. It was more of a gift for me than him. Here dear, cook me dinner and I will say that it is your gift. Yes, I'm terrible at times but he liked it.
I got everything at the Dollar Tree. So for $11, you to can have a tropical dinner/gift!
I took the leftover pineapple from the ham kabobs and some almost dead strawberries, ice and 7up and made tropical drinks in the blender. They looked better than they tasted. Next time, I'll just leave out the ice. They were really pretty but watered down.
And when dinner is over, I just throw our "restaurant" back in the matching mesh bag and hang it in the laundry room. Even with figuring the purchase price of the "restaurant" into the cost of dinner, there is no way that you could eat out for so cheaply. Just a thought for the next time you are thinking about going out to eat!
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn

12 comments:

Annie Jones said...

Your tiki bag is a great idea, but I'm really just commenting to say that I used to have that same kitchen table and chairs. The chairs are easy to recognize. LOL!

Sheila said...

I'm not even going to let my youngest daughter read this--she'll have me getting things so we can have a different theme every night. She loves to go all out when we have certain foods. Looks like fun though!!! Have a great day.

A.Marie said...

You are so clever, SonyaAnn...I love the very festive look of those drinks! :)

Jill said...

Great idea! just like eating out only much better!! Thanks for sharing. :-)
Blessings,
Jill

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, you are SO creative! And doing it on a budget is even better.

Sometimes we have to give hubbies gifts that benefit us. Heck, Hubby buys me a lot of things that will benefit him.

SonyaAnn said...

Annie Jones-The table and chairs are super sturdy unlike most furniture of today. I've reupholstered it a few times.

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-Thanks for coming to see me. For a couple of bucks, it wasn't a bad present. You could have your kids color something to make the meal into a theme!

SonyaAnn said...

A.Marie-I'm glad that you liked it! Thanks for coming to see me.

SonyaAnn said...

Jill-Much cheaper too after the original investment.
Thanks for stopping over!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I got a dremel one year and I loved it!!! And thank you for the wonderful compliments!

Lisa B. said...

I get gifts from hubby all the time that are more for him than me. lol I need to start returning the favor... like a dishwasher to him for our upcoming anniversary! lol

Love the decorations, it's nice to make a meal special. I love tablescapes too!

SonyaAnn said...

Lisa B.-I believe that you should share the love and give him a gift that you love!!!