Thursday, July 1, 2010

The New Budget

I've had to tweak some of the areas of our budget. Our taxes on the house went up so I had to "fix" other areas. I don't even want to know what is going to happen to our budget when Anna moves away and we have to pay for gas to go pick her up. It's an 8 hour round-trip.
So without further ado here is the old budget-
1300 .00 House payment(bi-weekly) so we save $325 a week
145.00 Car Insurance
176.00 Nicor and Comed
27.00 Home phone
240.00 gas for all three cars
25.00 satelite
480.00 groceries for the month
120.00 a week
60.00 Den "fake" smokes
70.00 garbage and water
188.00 pills for me
40 gym for Den
2751.00 total


This is the break down of how we will use the checks every week.
Week 1 -$325 house, $238 food,gas, pills,& cig, $70 garbage & water, $20 insurance
Week 2- $325 house, $238 food, gas,pills &cig, $125 car insurance
Week 3- $325 house, $238 food, gas,pills & cig, $88 Nicor, $27 phone,$25 sate
Week 4- $325 house, $238 food, gas,pills & cig, $88 Com Ed, $40 gym

And our new mess-
1316 .00 House payment(bi-weekly) so we save $325 a week
145.00 Car Insurance
166.00 Nicor and Comed
27.00 Home phone
335.00 gas for all three cars
25.00 satelite
465.00 groceries for the month
116.00 a week
60.00 Den "fake" smokes
70.00 garbage and water
60.00 pills for me
40.00 gym for Den
50.00 cell
2759.00 total


This is the break down of how we will use the checks every week.
Week 1 -$329 house, $227 food,gas, pills,& cig, $70 garbage & water, $25 sate
Week 2- $329 house, $227 food, gas,pills &cig, $145 car insurance
Week 3- $329 house, $227 food, gas,pills & cig, $83 Nicor, $50 cell
Week 4- $329 house, $227 food, gas,pills & cig, $83 Com Ed, $40 gym,$27 phone
I had to cut back on my pills because we just couldn't afford it. We also had to get DJ a cell phone. We are going to drop the home phone so that should cover half of the cost of the cell. I'm dreading when we have to pay for all four lines. We are lucky and my inlaws have us on their plan. But my FIL is going to retire soon so we will be on our own. My guess is it will be around $150 a month. I'm sure that you will hear a lot of complaining from me!
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn

12 comments:

McVal said...

Wow! You're a bare it all kind of gal!
What is the Nicor and Comed?

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-Is it TMI? DO you think that I should stop posting it?
Nicor and ComEd is the gas and electric.

Together We Save said...

Well that is agreat budget if you can stick to it... my problem, to many unexpected expenses.

SonyaAnn said...

Together We Save-Knock on wood, I've been able to stick to it. I try to keep some cash on the side for the unknown.

Pam said...

You've done a great job with the budget but how do you get your satellitte (spelled wrong I know)for only $25? Share your secrets.

SonyaAnn said...

Pam-It's Dish Network. It is the cheapest package that they have. I would look it up online, find the cheapest deal and then call your company. Or threaten to turn it off and see what they do!

Nancy said...

SonyaAnn - Get Anna set up on Swagbugs - all the searching on the internet for papers will help pay off in the form of Swagbucks. Have her get her friends at school signed up under her as well. Then she can trade her Swag Bucks in for Amazon Credit or other gift cards that will help defer costs at college. Oh, and be sure she signs up under your name so you get credit for HER searches! Hey, if your not signed up will you sign up under me for recommending? I got a Wii for $25.00 (it was on sale and couldn't wait to get it - I would have waited till free but it was too good a deal to pass) from Amazon after cashing in my Swag Bucks! Okay, sorry for the novel but thought I would let you know about it.

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, you do amazingly well at budgeting. I know what we have to designate for savings, medical and paying bills, but the rest is not tracked at all. I know, I am bad.

I forget how old DJ is, but why did you "have" to get him a cell phone? If it is not super cheap and if it is just for minimal use, look into switching him to a Tracfone. That is what Hubby and I use and it is really cheap. I had a plan with ATT for years, but saved a ton of money by switching to Tracfone.

I think you need to find a way to afford your medication. I know you want to give your kids whatever they want, but you need to be healthy or you will do no one any good. JMO

SonyaAnn said...

Nancy-She is already signed up under me and I track her swagbucks! I'm so bad! I remind her to search!!
And great job on the Wii! We have so much fun with it. If you get the sports game, try skiing! You look like an idiot but it is so much fun!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-Thank you for the compliment!!!I'll take it and any more you can throw at me!
Anna started off with a trac phone and that is why we went with Verizon. You and I would do well with the pay as you go. Kids text there money away in two days even when you make them pay for it. It worked out cheaper for the unlimited texting. DJ is at camp so I needed to be able to talk to him(little turd hasn't even called yet only a quick text to know he is alive.) and I didn't want to have to reload his minutes.

slugmama said...

Maybe it's me but when my kids went to camp I don't talk to them...lolol

Good job overall but I agree w/my siamese twin Frances, you have to find the $ for your meds! If cutting back is going to make you sick, take the $ from something else that isn't life/death....or healthy/ill....you know what I mean. ;-)

SonyaAnn said...

slugmama-DO I have to keep feeding the kids? It's just a thought. I'm still nagging Den about the fake cig but I don't want to push too much cuz then he will just go back to the real thing. That would kill the budget!!