Monday, August 30, 2010

Is Anna Like her Mother?

If she saw that title, we would have a full on fight. She is doing well at EIU and getting into the swing of it all. I don't think that she has missed us at all. And to be honest, she wasn't here much. But when she did show up, it was a whirlwind of activity and friends. We were a pit stop for her.;)
I know she is gone but it hasn't sunk in completely. I keep thinking things like when will she be home so I can make dinner. And then it dawns on me and stings a bit.
Anyways, back to the question! She seems to be budgeting her money. At least, that is what she tells me. She hasn't charged anything on the credit card and has been making the most of her cash. She has even been searching out deals! Maybe I was a good influence on her! That is so hard to believe.
I just hope that a life time of frugal wore off on her. I keep thinking about the old credit card commercial where the parents show up at their kids dorm room and the kid is partying and wearing scuba gear. All charged on their credit card! I'm pretty sure that I would be arrested but it would make for an interesting blog story!
Thanks for stopping by and I'll let you know if she goes on a spending spree,
SonyaAnn

18 comments:

A.Marie said...

Hi there! I think that your daughter is going to be alot like you...she is showing good sense with money! YAY for Anna! :)

Linda Robinson said...

I remember when my daughter left home.. I is such a weird feeling..
All you can hope for is that you raised them right... And they learned a little something.. It does sound like you did well..
Hope you have a great week...
Hugs, Linda

Sheila said...

You're a good mom. I'm glad Anna is following in your footsteps. I wish I had known how to budget better when I first left home. Have a wonderful week.

McVal said...

Good job! She may not like to hear it, but she's a chip off the old block!

slugmama said...

Good for Anna doing the right things!
Now WHAT is this about her having a CREDIT CARD???
You lost me there....lolol

SonyaAnn said...

A.Marie-Let's just not tell Anna she is like me!LOL!

SonyaAnn said...

Linda Robinson-It is odd like something is missing. Maybe I'm missing the chaos!!
I just wonder what the future has to hold!

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-Thank you but I hope she can keep it up. I also wish someone had taken the time to teach me how to budget. It's taken a life time to get this far.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-Boy this post would tick her off but its true!

SonyaAnn said...

slugmama-Anna has had a credit card since she got her drivers license. That way if the old car broke down she can get home. It made us feel a bit better. She has never charged on the credit card without asking, NEVER! She wouldn't do that.

Frances said...

It sounds like she is off to a good start.

You are a good mama.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-If only she saw it the way that you do.

Together We Save said...

I am so glad she is settling in... and looking for deals!! Just shows what a great mom you are. I can only imagine how much you miss her. Hope you have a good week.

slugmama said...

SonyaAnn-Well of course she hasn't used the cc that's for emergencies! You've drilled the frugal into her head....what WAS I thinking?lolShe's a responsible kid.....and besides, she knows you'd kick her butt if she tried to use it for frivolities.lol
Good idea...

SonyaAnn said...

Together We Save-I'm more worried than miss her. It is basically like one huge party. Think animal house! She likes the work but she isn't a party-er so its not going so well.

SonyaAnn said...

slugmama-She knows that I would set her on fire if she started charging on it. I mean I did try to hit her with the car for lying to me.Sad but true!

slugmama said...

"slugmama-She knows that I would set her on fire if she started charging on it. I mean I did try to hit her with the car for lying to me.Sad but true!"

Oh, if I had tried that with my daughter she'd be an EX-daughter by now...lolol

Note to self....never lie to SonyaAnn if she is IN the car and you are NOT.lol
Have a great Tuesday!
It's hot as hell here, hope IL is cooler.

SonyaAnn said...

slugmama-She laughs about that incident now but not then. We came to the agreement that I was the boss that day!
And it is hot as hell here too. I think we hit 90 something. But I like hot. I'm going to finish some stuff online and then pull weeds. I should live on the equator!