Thursday, September 30, 2010

A New Purpose

So little Anna is doing better at college. I'm so grateful. She and her roommate are on shaky but better ground. Anna has gotten her to pick up a bit so that was helping with the stress level. But my guess is her roommate won't be there for the second semester. If you go to college, you have to go to class, who knew?
The first week she was gone, I tore her room apart and scrubbed it. I also went through it and took down some stuff. She saved a lot of little things that really didn't need to be out. So I packed it up. I figured she would be upset. She just laughed and said that she knew I was itching to get a hold of her room. She did like it and said it was more mature. Good that was what I was aiming for.

But being me, it just seems like such a waste to have the room doing nothing. It should be earning its keep. Den said that we should rent it out. But we tried that before and the woman never paid and yelled at me all the time. It was horrible. Or she would invite her entire family over for dinner and tell us about it a few hours before hand and then want Den to cook and I had to clean up afterward. Her family was great, she wasn't!
Anyways, back to the story at hand.............................................


I'm starting to think that Anna's room looks like a laundry room! I can get a few of these and dry clothes in there. I was going to put up a clothes line but that might be too much.
I'll let you know.
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn

18 comments:

A.Marie said...

OOOOhhhh...I like those clothes-hanger thingy-s! :)

slugmama said...

A dryer room is a great idea!
And then you can add shelving and start stockpiling in there too...yes, I had to say that.lol

slugmama said...

Hubs took over #1 son's room as his study when he left for school. I don't know what I'll do with Daughter's room next year because she has a whole suite of bedroom furniture in there! If she keeps pissing me off as she has been doing I might just sell it all....and NOT wait until next year!lolol

I'm glad to hear that Anna is doing better with the psycho. If she can wait her out things will be awesome next semester....only 2+ months until this one is over....yay!! ;-)

Jill said...

Looks great! :-)

Have a great day!

Blessings,
Jill

Frances said...

I am glad that it is better for Anna. I am with Sluggy, her room looks like a pantry to me.

SonyaAnn said...

A.Marie-I got really excited too when I saw them. My life is so simple!

SonyaAnn said...

slugmama-Laughing that you would think pantry!!!! I bet Ms. Anna won't find this as funny as we do. But really I'm going to start drying clothes in there. I just need to find a cheaper way 2 do it.

SonyaAnn said...

slugmama-Why do they piss us off? Why! Everything we do for them. That said I think that you would do long term damage tot he child if you sold her stuff while she lived at home. I'm just sayin'

SonyaAnn said...

Jill-Thanks for coming to see me!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I actually was sitting here laughing at the two of you!

Rene W. said...

Oh, I like that rack!!! I love what you've done with the room - defenately organized :) SOunds like you had a nightmare of a renter there...

McVal said...

Nice room! Doesn't look lived in... does it?
I see a good spot for a sewing machine table tho!

SonyaAnn said...

Rene W.-I hope I can get my "dream room" before she moves back in!
And yes, that woman was a nightmare. She would actually try and get Den and I into fights. It was horrible!

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-If only I could sew!

Frances said...

Fill it up, so she can't move back in when she is finished with school.

That's what I would do.

slugmama said...

I'm with Frances.....make that room like something off of the Hoarders shows if ya have to to get her to not even think about moving home in 4 years.lolol

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-OMG!!! And the odd thing is her room is SOOOOOO clean. I'm not kidding and every time that I have seen it since she has kept it clean. She would probably clean it!LOL. Never thought that I would say that!

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-I really did bust out when I read your comment! You're nuts but funny!