Monday, September 20, 2010

Santa's Secret!


I'm on a roll! Wouldn't it be nice to get all of my Christmas shopping done by November? This is for another person on my list. He just put in a bar so this should be appreciated. It was $16.29 so my new total for the year is $293.25.
We have so many people to buy for that it seems overwhelming at times. But in a roundabout way it is helping Den and I. As you know, we never have any money to do anything so we can go out and search for a deal. We get to do something and have some time together. It's helping us get back on track. It's been so stressful with Anna leaving and all the bills that Den and I weren't doing so well. Being able to get out of the house and talk has been wonderful. It's not the greatest date night ever but it is helping our marriage improve. Working towards a common goal helps. Who knew Christmas shopping would save us?
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn

12 comments:

Sheila said...

SonyaAnn,
Good shopping again!! I understand about getting away and just being together. I have noticed that Kevin and I are getting along much better and I too think it has to do with us just getting away for a bit--alone!! I have been thinking this exact thing to myself for the past few weeks but I was scared to say it out loud---might jinx myself!! It's still nice after 27 years to spend some time together--not doing anything important--just being together.
I don't think this is making much sense this morning but it's still kind of early here!!
I hope your car woes end soon. Take care.

A.Marie said...

YAY for you!! :)

McVal said...

Oh boy! You're so good! I've barely started... Thinking a lot about it tho. Going to make as many as I can.

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-I actually thought about erasing it after I typed it because I thought that everyone would think I'm nuts. So thank you for writing that, it was nice to know that I;m not the only one that has ups and downs and that something so small can make such a huge difference in your marriage!

SonyaAnn said...

A.Marie-((((BLUSHING))))

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-I hope that you post some of the things that you make!

Lisa B. said...

You're doing great on Christmas shopping. I think I have a half a dozen gifts so far. I need to get busy!

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, I think you are doing great! And what a wonderful added benefit that it is helping you and Den! I think when we have kids that we forget that we have to continue to nurture our marriages. It is good to do that once in a while.

SonyaAnn said...

Lisa B.-Thank you but I still have so much to do!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I just hope that it keeps getting better.
Have a great week and enjoy your vacation!

Nicole said...

Cute, and useful.

Man... we don't do hardly any gift exchanges. Obviously we don't have enough friends. Mostly for us it's just family and Maggie (we buy each other the things we really wanted but family didn't get off our amazon lists).

If we *had* people to give presents to, everybody would be getting a beer bottle sized container of homemade vanilla extract. We've got 12 of them steeping that will be ready in December.

SonyaAnn said...

Nicole-Homemade vanilla extract would be the perfect gift for Den. He was a chef for a few years so anything to do with food and cooking makes him happy. He said that cooking relaxes him. Well then cook until you catatonic! My diets never go real well here!