Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Have an Idea

Most people have an epiphany and it is a huge bang when I have one it's more like a slow fart.  And without further ado, here is my poot!
Everyone has heard of Match.com and while I have often wondered if Den and I signed up would we be matched. Wouldn't it be great if they used a program like this to match kids in the dorm? Why not use technology that we already have to make finding a roommate easier? Why not use it when you are looking to find a roommate in the "real" world? Hmmmm, maybe I should start a business? Do you think that Match.com would give me their program?
Just a thought,
SonyaAnn

6 comments:

Annie Jones said...

I think there are already roommate matching services in business, but I doubt the colleges use them. :(

Frances said...

I am with Annie Jones. You could probably find this type of service, but colleges probably wouldn't use them. That would probably entail raising student fees even more.

McVal said...

I don't think they'll just up and give you their program... But you should sell them your idea!
Oh darn - just read Annie & Frances's... I don't have a kid in college, so I wouldn't know those things...
darn.

SonyaAnn said...

Annie Jones-I knew that they had serves like that but it would be wonderful if they had to use them. They also should make them disclose any medical issues that they have. If they are going to live together, they should have to tell.
Thanks for coming to see me!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-Probably but it would be worth it. And I'm saying this and we are really broke. I bet that Anna would stay at EIU if she had had a more compatible roommate. It would probably help the school too.
So here is a good story, we moved in to this house 15.5 yrs ago and so did 2 other couples that we are close with. Well the one couple had a little girl that was the same age as Anna. SO Tiffany went to Northern and Anna to Eastern. Tiff had so many problems with her room mate that she had to transfer and her parents had to pay for the transfer. But it was so bad that she said she had to get out. Her ex roommate was very confrontational and she couldn't take it anymore. Well, just a few days later her ex roomy was stabbed by another girl right outside their dorm-room. Tiff would have been there. Her ex roommate managed to get back in her room and get the door closed.
So I'm think they need to screen these kids better.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-I doubt that anyone will ever listen to me. But I'm sticking with it!