Friday, January 28, 2011

Friend's Friday!

As you all know, I'm a dreadful cook. I try but yeah most times Den has to"fix" it. In some ways, he has been a great teacher. He has a lot of patience when it comes to teaching someone to cook. In other ways, it has been a curse. At times, it is easier just to let him do it. Cooking makes him happy and relaxed. So I say knock yourself out. And it can also, be very intimidating having to cook for someone of that level so I don't want to try. Also, I'm sensitive and his helpful hints piss me off. Honestly, that one is my fault.
All of that said, I think I want to get back in the swing of cooking. I found Heavenly Homemakers and it really has inspired me. So stop over and say hi to Laura and check out the site.
Have a great weekend,
SonyaAnn

10 comments:

Mark said...

So wait! You curse like a sailor and you don't cook? Hmmm? You gorgeous people just glide through life, don't you?
Your Friend, m.

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-Do you need a BFF? Seriously, no one has called me gorgeous either. You can send me all the complements you can stand.
I'm walkin' on air!

McVal said...

Woohoo! Congrats to the new booger!

My hubby invented a dish called "Needs Salt casserole" and it really really does... But it's great in a pinch and can be done in 30 minutes or less!

slugmama said...

Needs Salt Casserole that's great in a 'pinch'.....OH! I get to start my day groaning...love it!!!LOLOL

I never knew we shared the same sense of Humor Val!

I wish I could convince Hubs that I can't cook either SonyaAnn. But it would take more cooking talent to do that than I possess...lol

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-Did you post your hubs recipe? If it's easy, I'd love to try it.
Have a great weekend!

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-I wish that I could cook! I guess I can but compared to Den, it's all slop!
Thanks for coming to see me!

Jill said...

Sonya Ann,

I remember when I was about 12 I told my Aunt that I couldn't cook, she said "well why not? You can read a recipe can't you?" So there you go, simple, sounds silly, but it's true, I learned things as I went along, now I'm no chef...lol but I can cook and I know you can too! ;-) However if I had someone to cook for me that would be nice sometimes too.

Have a great weekend!!

Blessings,
Jill

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, I think my heart is broken that you are clearly ditching me for Mark. SNIFF!

I have called you gorgeous before. How quickly you forget.

POUT

SonyaAnn said...

Jill-I think that I'm just going to call you Den. That is what he says to me all the time!
I hope that you are having a great weekend!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-OH MY GOD WOMAN, I could never replace you! You are the love of my life just don't tell Annie.

Have a great weekend!