Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Complaint!

So the lovely idiots of IL decided that it would be a great idea to raise our taxes from 3% to 5%. They say that the increase is only for four years. And the tollways were supposed to be free by now! It won't happen. We also got hit for another $600 a year on taxes for our house. And just to bring a bit more joy into our lives the cost of 1000 gallons of water/sewage in Antioch went up to $6.43. The last time that I checked it was $5.13 for 1000 gallons. My guess is we will get hit for another $1600 a year between all of it.
All of this makes me wonder, how many people will this push on to welfare(& won't the state have to pay for it)? Even if you have a job, there comes a point where you don't have enough to pay your bills even with extreme budget cuts.  I'm going to readjust the bills again.
It is so bad here that I heard a New Jersey ad on the radio encouraging IL business to move there. And WI is also encouraging businesses to move to the land of cheese. 
Which brings me to the deficit? It's pretty safe to say that we all agree on the fact that something needs to be done. There was quite a big discussion on how it should be handled/paid off, and damned if I can remember the site to link to. But I think that I have a way. It would have to do with everyone's federal withholding. What if no one could adjust it down(Exceptions would be made for job loss/death/poverty) and the government collected that money from everyone. And when tax season rolled around, you could get it back then or have it turned into a bond(or something like that) and you get more than the going rate for letting the government use it(the longer you let the government keep i,t the more you get paid in interest). This would also teach people to save more. You could set it up like a CD ladder.
I know that people at first would hate not being able to adjust their with holdings down to $0 but I think that something has to be done. And in the end, you really could make a profit off of helping the government out. You could call it Pay US Forward or something.
Just a dreamer,
SonyaAnn

8 comments:

McVal said...

I'm feeling for you!! You know... the people on both sides of us are selling their houses...
Iowa - land of the cheap taxes. Well, they're still steep but cheaper than yours.

nicoleandmaggie said...

Those toll roads would have been paid off too a long time ago if it weren't for... let me see if I can remember... George Ryan comes to mind, but he was only one of the politicians now in jail who has dipped into that.

Ah, Illinois graft.

At least you don't have to live in Indiana, right?

Jill said...

I feel your pain... everything steadily increases but the paychecks, lol! Hang in there!

Blessings
Jill

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-I wish we could move but we can't take Den's job with us. LOL. It's just making me a bit nuts.
Thanks for coming to see me and letting me complain!

SonyaAnn said...

nicoleandmaggie-Ahh yes, there are too many crooks to even mention at this point! And good memory, you get an A for the day.
And with us its the damn Wisconsinites!

SonyaAnn said...

Jill-I guess I'm singing to the choir!
Thank you for coming to see me!

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, you can complain all you want to. I sure would. I know you will manage to realign your bills just fine.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-Thanks for the pep talk, I'm just sick of it. But I guess I should be thankful that Den has a job.