Tuesday, April 5, 2011

There Is Hope

I believe that there is hope for all men(and women). I really like to think that everyone can change and deserves the benefit of doubt. That said I have two teenagers and dear God all mighty,at times, they deserve very little. When my kids were younger, I heard a mother call her teenager an ASS. I put my nose in the air and thought what a terrible mother. LAUGH AT ME! Boy, how those things come back to haunt you. Funny how you always remember those things.
All that said, I have an Anna update. We have a joint checking account together. So I can put money in and she can take money out. That said she has been super good about not using the debit card. She even asks firsts even though it was money that she saved herself.
I check the account a lot just cuz. I noticed that she had a Redbox charge on there and fired off a text to see if she had used the card. I often worry that Anna will lose her debit card. I have reason to worry since she misplaced my credit card when she needed to get gas in high school. But that is all behind her as she often reminds me. Anyways, she text back saying that she did swipe it but had a free code so all was good. I was impressed. I told her that she would be washing out plastic baggies with the best of us very soon. She replied with why are you trying to start a fight. Well at least, it is a start.
The mother of two asses,
SonyaAnn

14 comments:

slugmama said...

I can say with all confidence that My Ass is bigger than your Ass! ;-)
signed, Sluggy-mother of 3 asses

McVal said...

Maybe so, but my Ass is bigger than you alls!!!!
I can seriously prove it...

A.Marie said...

Definition of an Ass: an animal resembling a small horse with long ears, sometimes used as a BEAST OF BURDEN!

Oh No! I, too, am an ASS!!

Signed, Beast of Burden LOL ;)

Mark said...

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???
m.

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-We are a funny bunch. But my husband is one too!

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-We are going to have a cat fight over whos ass is biggest!

SonyaAnn said...

A.Marie-LOL beast of burden!!! That is what us mom's should be called!

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-Calm down, you will soon understand!

Jane said...

"Why are you trying to start a fight?" I thought my daughter was living with YOU for a minute there - those are the exact words that would have come out of her mouth in that situation :)
NOT getting into the "ass" debate!

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-I think that that saying is in the teenagers handbook.

slugmama said...

@ AMarie....Beast of Burden. I prefer to be called a Pack Mule. I hear Beast of Burden and all I see is Mick Jagger lips...lol
A Mark....What the hell is wrong with us? Oh, you'll find out in a few more years, about the time Johnny hits 13(or Claire hits 11 b/c the girls are more advanced ya know).
@ SonyaAnn....Teenagers Handbook, huh? My daughter helped write that thing! bleh.

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-LOL leaving comments for everyone. You are a mom and I agree Mark is in for one hell of a ride here pretty quick!

Frances said...

I would win if were are talking about our own asses being biggest, but my teens weren't too bad. At least not that I remember. LOL!

Good news....they grow out of it....mostly.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I am really going to hold you to that one!