Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Conversion Chart

Unit: Equals: Also equals:
1 tsp. 1/6 fl. oz. 1/3 Tbsp.
1 Tbsp. ½ fl. oz. 3 tsp.
1/8 cup 1 fl. oz. 2 Tbsp.
¼ cup 2 fl. oz. 4 Tbsp.
1/3 cup 2¾ fl. oz. ¼ cup plus 4 tsp.
½ cup 4 fl. oz. 8 Tbsp.
1 cup 8 fl. oz. ½ pint
1 pint 16 fl. oz. 2 cups
1 quart 32 fl. oz. 2 pints
1 liter 34 fl. oz. 1 quart plus ¼ cup
1 gallon 128 fl. oz. 4 quarts

As some of you have figured out this is a cooking conversion chart, I swiped it from here. Yeah, I wouldn't trust anything I come up with for cooking so I resorted to stealing.
 
I have come up with a teenager conversion chart.

1/2 cup of kool aid=a stain on the carpet because it is going to get knocked over because it isn't enough to drink
1 cup= a sip
2 liter bottle of pop= a drink and a belch
1 gallon of milk & a box of cereal= h'orderves
1 tub of ice cream=quick snack
3 boxes mac & cheese=a light lunch
6 ramen noodles= breakfast
leftover pizza= forget about it
a loaf of bread=a moment
a loaf of bread & 16 slices of cheese= a kitchen drive by
a candy bar=nanosecond

All cups, plates, silverware, and wrappers will be left where they fall-its the rule.
Did I miss anytthing,
SonyaAnn

14 comments:

A.Marie said...

OH My Word!!! That is hysterical!!! I loved the "leftover pizza=forget about it" LOL ;)

I have a teen son with teen friends. I'll make a 9x13 cake, cut it into squares, and one of them will take an entire square and put it into his mouth, chew, swallow, then ask for more. Kids....

SonyaAnn said...

A.Marie-I swear though Anna and her friends can eat as much as any football team. They are just as bad!

Mark said...

If you cooked me some fishsticks and cream corn with those boxes of Mac and Cheese, I'd love you forever. m.

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-YUCK and EWWWWWW, what are you thinking?

McVal said...

LOL!
A well stocked kitchen = nothing to eat.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-LOL, I forgot that one!

Jane said...

Yeah, one or two things...

all the treats I buy for myself and hide = bait

mega big box store container of cereal which needs a small crane to lift it = midnight snack

I could go on.....

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-Sounds like you have done this before!

Sheila said...

Love the charts. I totally agree with McVal--a well stocked kitchen = nothing to eat--especially for my family!! Hope you are having a good week. Take care.

Terry said...

That really was funny! I've been following your blog and can really relate, so much so that I was inspired to start mine, you can catch up with me at: http://alittlebitabouteverything-teri.blogspot.com/.

Terry

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-I have to get Anna on Friday so we will have no food for a long time!
Have a great week!

SonyaAnn said...

Terry-Thanks for coming to see me and I'll be over in a bit to check out your site.

Jackie said...

I love the teenage conversions chart. It is so true! I have two teenagers and can relate to the everything in the list.

SonyaAnn said...

Jackie-I'm in the thick of it now. Summer starts.