Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Granola Cereal


I made granola cereal and it rocked! I started out with a granola recipe and then changed it. It is really rich so I was thinking about stretching it by mixing it with plain corn/bran flakes.

4 cups oatmeal(I used instant that was at its expiration date)
3/4 cup pecans 
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed 
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 
1/4 cup shredded coconuts 
3 tablespoons butter 
3 tablespoons oil 
1/4 cup honey(spray the measuring cup with Pam and it will slide right out)
2 tablespoons sugar 
5 teaspoons vanilla 

Preheat oven to 325 and adjust racks to the middle. Spray 2 9x13 pans with Pam. Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine butter, oil, honey and sugar in a sauce pan and heat until melted, add vanilla. Pour the liquid over the oat mixture and stir well. Spread on sheets. Bake until golden brown 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on this one because it will burn. 
And you are welcome,
SonyaAnn

9 comments:

Mark said...

Look at you! Cooking and baking and all! One of these days, you going to make someone a good wife.
Your Friend, m.

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-NEVER! You will love this one. Den bought me a Father's day card for Mother's day since I am the guy in the relationship!

McVal said...

Oh yum! I need to make some of this!
Thanks!

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-It is good!
Thanks for coming to see me!

Sheila said...

Yummy, I will make this! Thanks for sharing ;)

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-Thanks for stopping by!

Jill said...

Looks good! :-) The father's day card is too funny...LOL

SonyaAnn said...

Jill-What is super funny is the fact that I bought him the same card!

Frances said...

WTG, SonyaAnn! I will have to try this recipe. We love some good granola!

And my first husband always told me that I was the guy in our relationship. LOL! I took it as a compliment.