Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Times

This is what my new van looks like with the bumper hanging off. Anna's car was pulling terrible to the right. I wanted to keep her safe and told her to drive my van when she went to her grandmother's house. Safety rocks!
Our area is known for construction and it lived up to its reputation. A guy trying to weave around cones and construction horses, hit her and ripped off the bumper. Everyone was fine except my new van. Sigh.
It happened about 5-6 miles from our house so I drove over to help. The guy was nice enough but this is how our conversation started after the hellos.
Guy-see this rusty clip(points to a metal clip under the bumper) I think it fell off because it was rusted.
Me-Ummm no, I think it fell off because you hit it with a car
Guy-I'm just saying if it wasn't rusty, it probably wouldn't have fallen off
Me-It was attached until you hit it
He got a ticket-go figure. And the great news is, he has state minimum insurance. I bet we will be paying for this one. He has a really crappy insurance company.
Let the good times roll,
SonyaAnn

16 comments:

Mark said...

Good think you're rolling it and have money to burn.
Have a good weekend. Or at least try. m.

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-I love you and great news, he has NO insurance. He gave the cop an insurance card that he stopped paying on in March!

McVal said...

Oh yuck! I'm so sorry!

Mark said...

Hey, I'm back. I just read my first comment and I must have been still sleeping when I wrote it this morning. Were you able to understand what I meant with the typos and missing words?
So, what do you do now, sue?
m.

Jane said...

Oh Lord love a duck! Perhaps all it needs is a new non-rusted clip!!

judy said...

Nice...are the cops giving him another ticket for that. In our city they will come out and confiscate the car for driving without insurance.

at least no one was hurt..except your poor car

Judy

Terry said...

Yikes! Glad everyone is ok, but that really sux! So sorry!

SonyaAnn said...

Mark- Understood I you, knoow problems.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-Oh well....

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-I needed the laugh!

SonyaAnn said...

judy-They said that they would give him another ticket but to be honest, I still feel sorry for him. It feels like kicking someone when they are down. He will probably lose his license anyway, he doesn't need anymore problems. I am being stupid though because he won't call me back to try and work something out between us.

SonyaAnn said...

Terry-Yeah it sucks but no one was hurt just the van.
Thanks for coming to see me.

Frances said...

This is why no kids ever got to drive my car. I am mean that way.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-Yup that's a good rule.
The guy still cracks me up about the rusted clip!

Donna Freedman said...

I'm picturing a new conversation:
Other driver: Ow! Are you crazy? You just knocked my tooth out!!!
SonyaAnn: [[spies tooth on sidewalk, spits on it several times to wash away the blood]] Look, this tooth had a cavity. That's probably why it came out.

SonyaAnn said...

Donna- Now why didn't I think of that one? What is wrong with people?