Saturday, May 21, 2011

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Den worked a miracle and got her running again. I walked out the door this morning and he already had it fixed. He asked me how much I thought it cost to fix it? My frugal heart stopped for a bit. And then he said, Zero dollars and Zero cents! He was so proud of himself.
It ended up being the caliper(the part that holds the brake pads). It worked a bolt out and was smacking on the inside of the tire. Den said he had never heard of it happening. That was probably why we would hear a strange grind noise every so often when we were driving around. He never could find it though. Since it was still attached, there was no way that he could. It would also explain why the car went nuts when Anna was trying to stop. I bet it was a hell of a ride. Den also said that it was a good thing that we got a tow because if she had tried to limp it home, she would have torn up the wheel and the brake system on that side. And it probably wouldn't have been too safe either.
I hope that nothing else falls apart this weekend.
Thanks for coming to see me,
SonyaAnn

8 comments:

slugmama said...

Glad the fix was free and fast!
Good thing the week is almost over, huh?lol

Mark said...

Hey, you're not suppose to post on the weekend!
Congrats on getting the car fixed. You are truly having a crazy car week, aren't you? m.

Sheila said...

LOL, I thought it was a post about your celery plant. I guess you'd be happier for the car though ;)

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-The weekend was a bit better! We went to my FIL's retirement party at a very swanky place. And I was so proud of Den he didn't fart or blow a noodle out of his nose at the table!

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-I know, right? What is this world coming too?

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-LOL it is a bit more exciting than celery, isn't it?

Frances said...

WTG, Den! It is great to have a mechanic in the family!

SonyaAnn said...

Francis-He has his moments.