Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I've Lost My Damn Mind

 This is the mess that I made in our kitchen. As you know, I'm a terrible cook. I hate being in the kitchen. That said I feel really sorry for Anna. I'm so glad and thankful that she is working but it is hard work. So I thought that I would make little lunches to lift her spirits. Yes, I am this crazy. I hollowed out a tomato half and poured in Ranch dressing and cut up celery and put it all on a bed of carrot peels.

So do you feel uplifted? And the funny thing is Den got jealous and asked why I didn't do this for him. Um well you complain that it isn't good enough and slam things around in the kitchen. I did make some for him but we will see how long it takes him to complain. And DJ put in an order for his lunches next year. What have I done? I will be making these for years!!!
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn

16 comments:

Annie Jones said...

Next you'll be hoarding cookie cutters to cut their ham and cheese into cute little shapes. Not that I would know a thing about that...

Sheila said...

Looks good. I wish someone would make my lunch once in a while too. Take care.

Mark said...

Look at you, you're a regular Suzie Homemaker! Did you wear high heels and pearls while preparing your family's lunhes? I need an old fashioned wife like you. m.

McVal said...

Spoil one, you must spoil them all!
Good for you! Anna must have felt pretty special.

slugmama said...

I saw that title and thought, "Well, that isn't news, is it?"LOLOL
Like mine, yours has been gone for years also. No woman with 2 teenagers has a mind anymore.

In the kitchen huh? Oh, what have you done! Now you'll never be able to get them to stop asking you to cook.
I suggest you go drink something.....and I'll join you! ;-)

SonyaAnn said...

Annie-I really do think that I have started something horrible but I bet that I can work some leftovers into their lunches. So I might save a few bucks. Or I will be wasting a ton of time. Bet on the latter.

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-I'll make it for you. I bet that I will have a long line.
Thanks for coming to see me!

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-It was a pearl necklace.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-DJ wants me to make his lunches next year. And Anna said she wished that I had done this in high school. WHAT THE HELL? I think I did enough for her!LOL

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-I had to laugh at your comment. Nothing new about that one.
And good news, I found an awesome sangria mix at the liquor store in town. Plus DJ has his permit so I can get shit faced and have him drive me!

A.Marie said...

No good deed ever goes unpunished!! LOL ;)

slugmama said...

I luvs Sangria!!
I am so jealous....I won't have a 16 yr. old chauffeur again until next summer.

Donna Freedman said...

I'd like some pancakes in the shape of Mickey Mouse's head, please. And I prefer that the crusts be cut off my sandwiches.

SonyaAnn said...

A.Marie-Guess what I will be doing as soon as I get off of the computer.

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-He would be so embarrassed. I should do it!LOL

SonyaAnn said...

Donna-HaHa! But I do like you more than my kids so I will do that for you just don't tell them.