Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Frugal Whore



So Den and I have been going out on Sundays and hitting a few garage sales. He likes it. I see it as more stuff to clean. Sorry but true. I think I have mentioned it before but Den and I don't really get along. He blames the kids for our fights, he does have a point. We seem to get along better when it is the two of us but I'm not willing to tell him he is right about anything. He said that fighting is just part of the dichotomy of our relationship. I told him that that word was too big for him. He also said that I was cheap. Well, a cheap date and then it morphed into prostitution.
Sooooo back to the point of the story, well until I fly off on another tangent. We have been getting tons of VHS movies. And I do mean tons. Since I lovingly turned off the satellite, it is a super cheap alternative.  Here is my thinking, VHS movies are the new blue rays. I know it seems as if I have missed a decade or two, my thighs have not. The market place is ever changing when it comes to watching movies at home. We have had to buy way to many movies only to replace them by the next newest and greatest thing. Just save yourself a ton of cash and skip Blue Rays and wait for streaming movies. It is here, sort of. The problem the industry is having is letting their new movies being streamed and not generating enough of an income from it. I think that companies like Netflix should let you watch as many old movies as you want and then only have access to one or two new movies a month. It should be a limited access according to how much your package is.
So buy up VHS movies and just watch them instead of buying Blue Rays. Who doesn't want to watch Titanic and the last Boy Scout until the end is here?
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn

15 comments:

McVal said...

We've got a cabinet full of VHS. I'm just waiting for them to make a come back too!
Plus my dad doesn't know how to run the dvd player...

Mark said...

Oh girl, you have "serious" issues. And I thought that you were just playing. You really should have told me when we first started seeing each how messed up you are. All of a sudden I feel like Clint Eastwood in Play Misty For Me. But you're probably too young to remember that. Or how about Fatal Attraction?
Okay, so you're a Frugal Whore, huh? I guess that could be good depending on how you look at it.
And Den with those big words... That's it! Maybe you feel down because you married "up" and now your trailer court past is catching up with you and you see that he realizes it. It's like a Pretty Woman thing! Listen, I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat. Not quite the Titanic but more like the Poseidon Adventure. By the way, all of these movies are available on VHS. You're welcome!
And remember, "There has to be a morning after".
Your Friend, m.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KClpLzFftU

Frances said...

We still have a ton of VHS tapes. Hubby is a collector. Oh, wait, we have a ton of dvds, too. Plus we rent, stream and check videos out from the library.

We are movie whores.

Please don't burn Mark's bunny.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-LOl you are sooo good to your dad!

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-I have so many issues I don't even know where to start. You lost me at Play Misty for Me but I got right back on the boat when you brought up Fatal Attraction. And by the way it was all the guys fault but you knew that one already!
And what are you talking about the morning after pill?

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-Boil his bunny!!!!
It is a bit fun just to walk around with Den, I almost like him. LOL. It's nice to have extra movies now all I need is some time to watch them!

Jill said...

LOL We still pick up VHS movies too at yard sales...I thought we were the only ones left with a VHS player...good to know we're not! LOL

Hope you have a great week!

Blessings,
Jill

SonyaAnn said...

Jill-I think that we are going to ship Anna off with a ton of them too. She keeps scratching the DVDs and then it makes Den not happy when he finally gets them back.

A.Marie said...

Hey there!!! Have a great Wednesday!!! :)

slugmama said...

VHS are the "new" Blu-Rays? Somehow I doubt that....lol

I just shook my head when my daughter brought home a large box filled with 8 track tapes last year. ??? lolol But they are good titles mom, she said. Yes, but no one has an 8 track player anymore...I threw mine out in 1980!lol

Will we be seeing Den in a Hoarders episode some day, buried in VHS?

SonyaAnn said...

A.Marie-Right back at ya, kid!

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-We can agree to disagree. LOL.You are probably right but VHS is a cheap way to hold off on having to buy blue rays that will quickly be replaced by streaming.
And I'm sure that Den will one day be on hoarding but we won't have cable to see ourselves.

Frances said...

Jill, we have 3 VCRs, and 3 DVD burners. Hubby uses them all!

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, when you are on Hoarders, I will tape it for you. Just keep one VCR. LOL!

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-LOL thank you for that one.