Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Making My Own Deals

As you know, I do love CVS. I have an inappropriate relationship with them, I won't seek therapy.
I can't hold a candle to what our lovely Sluggy can do but I'm alright with it. The problem is that everything that I want is always out of stock when I get there. Even if I get to the store when it opens the first day of the sale, everything is gone.
Soooooo, what I have been doing is going on the last day of the sale at the end of the day and getting rain-checks for just about everything. At CVS, the rain-checks never expire so I can hold them until I get a really good coupon. While everyone else is trying to find the item that is on sale or put together a deal from the advertisements, I'm waiting. This is working out so much better than trying to tract down something that we use. And when I do need/run out of something, I have a sale waiting for me.I figure this is my way of cutting inflation at our house. If the price of everything is going up, this is my way to lock in a low price. Why can't I do this with gas?
This post will probably break Sluggy's heart but it has been working pretty well for me.
Just a thought,
SonyaAnn

8 comments:

slugmama said...

Far from breaking it, this post warms my heart.
I LOVE Rainchecks and I advocate them every chance I get!
I love that CVS ones don't expire. My Rite-Aid(as well as many other ones)also will take a raincheck for many many months after they are written.
Your plan is a great one SonyaAnn!
You get the Sluggy 4 star rating. ;-)

Sheila said...

Love RCs too...but why not a *HOT* guy pic instead of the CVS logo?!? just sayin...

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-Awwwwww, I feel so loved with 4 stars!!! I don't think that I could get a higher compliment!
It's just so hard to run deals here. Everything is wiped out, all the time. This is really the best that I can do. It sucks but I'm adapting.

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-I will work on that dear. You are right, it is a bummer.

Jane said...

Awwwwww I think you're a little miss smarty pants for thinking that one up! I love you all the more for it:) And keep it coming with the half (or fully) naked guys!!

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-I will keep them comin'.

Frances said...

I have been doing that without it even being a plan. My store is always out of stuff. Rainchecks are so much easier.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-It is the only way that I can get any deals! Adapt or die. Well that might be an over statement. LOL