Monday, July 18, 2011

Meat!!!!


It's just getting bad here. I can't control myself at all. I would like to talk about meat this post. Yes all the sexual innuendos are going to be in this post.
I'm really trying to get us back on track with the budget. I know, now is when I hear all of the groans. Yes, this post is about grocery store meat not, ummmmm, well the other.
We are doing a little better. At first, we were spending more than what was coming in for the week and I would have to dip into savings. Then for a few weeks, we were holding our own and now I'm able to put a few bucks back into the till. It's not as much as before but it is still better than hitting savings. We have had a few extra expenses, Anna is home and gas prices are killing us.   I think when you get hit with a few things, it takes a while to get back into super saver mode.
It really helps when I'm a week ahead with my meat. HAHA! This is the one thing that really helps with the groceries. If I have enough to get through the week then I can scourer the stores for super cheap meats and then have a week to figure out what to do with them. I thought this might be a tip that would help you too.
Did you even read this or did you skim over it and went back to staring at the hunky guy?
Meat lovers unite,
SonyaAnn

16 comments:

Annie Jones said...

Sorry...that guy isn't my type.

As for the grocery store meat, I do that, too. I always cook meat that's already in the freezer and buy whatever I can find at a sale price to replenish the stock.

Mark said...

I kinda read it. You were yakking on about some money saving tips, blah blah blah. Anna's back, yeah great! Anyway!!! Thanks for posting an updated photo of Den. Those tats really do look good on him. But really, how'd you bag him? You must be wild in the sack!
m.

slugmama said...

Um, what did you say?

McVal said...

He's a hunk of it alright!!
My grocery budget is out the window right now... Ryan has been home for the week because he's detasseling and he eats like 4 pregnant women.

Annie Jones said...

So, am I the only one here who prefers to pass up the ultra lean steak for a roast with some nice fat marbling? LOL

slugmama said...

Did you post something with this picture SonyaAnn cuz I just don't see any text.....

SonyaAnn said...

Annie-Oh that one is so my type. Well, he could be my type for a few hours and then he could go bye-bye. Or he could wash windows or something.
This is helping us soooo much more than anything else that I have been doing

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-I had a hard time writing thing cuz I kept looking at the picture. Yummy.
And yes, I'm a bit wild but don't tell anyone.

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-No fucking clue.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-I think that I made everyone's day with the little hottie except for Annie. I would love to see what she is interested in!
What is detasseling? Lost me there.

SonyaAnn said...

Annie-HAHA I had to read that twice to get it. I'm slow!!!! Aged meat is good too.

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-It is completely ok to have OCD with this post.

Jill said...

Nice picture.....;-)
Save on groceries and make a few vegetarian meals...use portebello mushrooms they have a meatier taste to them. Just to help your budget out for a bit. Peanut and jelly works too! ;-) Or the old college favorite Ramen noodles! Seriously...
Have a great night!
Blessings
,Jill

SonyaAnn said...

Jill-;0
Thanks for the tips. I read about a ramen omelet thingy that I'm going to try. I will probably post something about it.

Frances said...

Ummmmm...yeah! Before I met hubby, that "meat" was just my type.

I'm with Sluggy....I didn't see any text.

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-LOL, so yummy.