Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Genius Tip

I don't brag often, well except about how well hung I am. Anyways, I have a brilliant tip.
We have pea gravel all around the pool. It is terrible trying to keep the weeds out. I usually try to force one of the kids to pull weeds. It is a punishment that I like to use. You know like when they breath too loud or blink too much, I punish them with weed duty. LOL, not really.
Anyways, this is what the side of the pool looks like after a few weeks of not weeding. Not too bad, ehh? I took the leftover driveway salt from last winter and spread it thick the beginning of the season. It worked like a charm. Just make sure not to put it down if you are expecting a huge downpour. I spread the salt and then just wet it. This would work anywhere that you didn't want anything to grow.
I do have my moments in bed.
Have a great day,
SonyaAnn

8 comments:

Annie Jones said...

I need to put salt on my patio, I guess. It's made from paver tiles and there are weeds growing in my cracks!

Mark said...

Looks and brains! You really have it all!
m.

SonyaAnn said...

Annie-It works so well. It really is amazing and cheap. Just like me. j/k

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-I get it all from you!

slugmama said...

I have always said you are a Sooper Genius...just like Wile E. Coyote.

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-You love me!

D.Lynn said...

Thanks for the tip! We tried it with regular salt but it didn't work that well so I'll stock up on the driveway stuff. I hate when weeds grown in my cracks... you know, the sidewalk kind :D

SonyaAnn said...

D.Lynn-I can't wait to read what you write!!!