Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hmmmm

I think that I have said many times, how I love my Marathon Master Card. I get 5% back on all Marathon purchases. That card was one of my closest friends. Well I guess my closest friend is leaving me. I got a notice in the mail that they are replacing my Marathon card with a Chase Freedom card. I will get 1% back on all purchases (this is the same as the main card that we use(I have auto-pay for everything set up on our Bank of America card)). They will give us a bonus 4%. I will have to call them every three months to get the 4%.
It seems like it is only a matter of time before they faze out the extra 4%. I just wonder how long before they try and get rid of all of the reward programs.
Enjoy the rewards while we got'em,
SonyaAnn

10 comments:

Mark said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.
m.

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-Haha, you do understand me! This is crushing.

slugmama said...

That sucks donkey ass!
So you'll still get 5%, but you just have to wait every 3 months to get 4 of it?
Seems like they are betting the majority of folks forget to call about that 4% bonus so they only have to pay out the 1%. And they would be right!
But I know you'll be like a bulldog with a bone, and be on the phone to them like clockwork every 3 months.
Nobody gets away with SonyaAnn's points!!

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-Ahhh, you know that I won't let it go. It would break my heart to even let a day go without the 4%. But I'm sure this is their way to get people to forget and it is probably their way to faze it out. So sad for the long run. But the good news is I will be able to get more back on our groceries before it was just 5% on gas. Yay for the short term.

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Seems the only ones who benefit from credit cards are the executives at the credit card companies.

Jane said...

Boo hiss! Like you're going to remember to phone every few months. Yup, they're phasing out the good stuff, for sure. The same is happening to my President's Choice mastercard. SUCKS.

SonyaAnn said...

Christina-Yup, you have the game figured out!

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-Is there a different card that you can switch too? I would try that. But in the end, I think this is a dinosaur.

Jill said...

I could only focus on a couple words BANK OF AMERICA....I detest them.....
Hopefully you have better luck with them. That is a bummer about the rewards program.

Have a great afternoon!

SonyaAnn said...

Jill-Why do you not like them? I personally, have had really good luck with them. What did I miss?