Tuesday, August 16, 2011

NaDa

I don't have much to report and that is a good thing. DJ is back to school, he is a sophomore. Anna is all set up and back at EIU, she is also a sophomore. I thought that I had it planned well. With a four year gap between them, I figured that we wouldn't have to pay for two kids in college at the same time. I have been informed that Anna's teaching degree will take longer than four years and that she would like to go for her Masters. Well if she is that smart, I'm sure she will find a way to pay for everything. LOL, I'll help but complain a lot.
I've been babysitting and I do love little ones. Dalten is 2 and he loves me. He is really good too. It's kind of nice to carry a little one around. Den even plays with him. Dalten was "hunting." Den was the monster. Den put his Darth Vader mask on and scared him back. They don't play that game anymore and Den got in trouble. Candy made it all better though. It's a wonder that our kids aren't more screwed up. I offered to have another baby for Den and he wasn't interested. I was told that in three years DJ will be going away to college and two was enough.Where is his sense of adventure?
And that's everything in my world,
SonyaAnn

12 comments:

Mark said...

You could at least practice at getting pregnant. Remember how that works? There're videos out there if you need a reminder.
m.

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-I'm sitting here laughing. You are funny. But I'm pretty sure that we are too old to do things like that anymore.

slugmama said...

SonyaAnn--Trust me, after menopause it all comes back to ya!lol

And in my world, CANDY ALWAYS makes it better....

PS-Lots of schools are starting this "you can't finish your degree in 4 yrs." crap. It's a big racket so they can suck even more money outta ya!
I'll go sit in the corner and mutter under my breath now. grrrrrrrrrr

McVal said...

:) We're going to have a little one in our house in February and I'm looking forward to playing the "Scare the hell out of the little kid" game again!
Ahh.. THose were the days... and those were my kids... No wonder...

Jane said...

My daughter who is soon to be 21 informed me recently that she too is going to do her masters before going to teacher's college. I think it's a good idea as she could use the extra "growing up" time but that means one more year of her lovely presence (read long hair in the drain, clothing everywhere, half-eaten food tucked under her bed...did I say she was 21, maybe I meant 12)in my home. Sigh...
Oh well, I'll miss her when she's gone...right?

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, you are never to old to do things like that.

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-Yes it is a huge, terrible scam. I'll sit in the corner with you! Piss me off.

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-My kids are so screwed up and I think that its from that game. But I'm sure they could think of a few things to add to that list.

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-I was lucky Anna was the clean one. DJ on the other hand, made up for it. He is terrible dirty. I found a fork and bowl on his shelf! Who does that?

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-I agree!

Donna Freedman said...

Fun prank for April Fool's Day: Go to the dollar store and buy a pregnancy test. (Yes, they have them. I've seen them.) Doctor it to look like a "positive" (e.g., paint it pale blue or draw a red line with a Sharpie). Walk into the kitchen while DH is having breakfast and say, "Omigod, honey, look!"
Try to time it when he's drinking coffee, but stand well clear of the out-of-the-nose spray.

SonyaAnn said...

Donna-I love you dearly but prob not the best thing to do to Den. LOL I think I would have to hide the gun! Do you want a roommate?