Monday, September 26, 2011

Christmas Crap Already


I'm at a whopping $322 for Christmas. Meh! I'm still working on it. I do have a separate fund that I have set up. I'm running this Christmas thing Sluggy style. I track everything when it comes to our money but I can't compete with our dear Slugs. I've been saving the little bit of money that I get from babysitting and any extra from our normal weeks. I have $76.82 in that fund. I just want to keep the money that I got for free separate from what I worked for.
The end of last year I spent $126.92 buying little gifts that were on clearance. I used gift cards. That took care of 35(ish) people. I will add a few things here or there to supplement those gifts.
I've also been purchasing gift cards on the cheap. I've purchased 2 $20 gift cards from Chili's for $10 each. That rocks, I know and you are welcome to say so. I have 2 $25 gift cards from Boston Market that I paid $15 each for. I have 4 Rain Forest gift cards that are for $15 each and I paid $7.50 for each one. And last but not least, I have 4 On the Border/Chili's/Macaroni Grill/Maggiano's gift cards for $10 each that I paid $5 each for. I've been using deal sites like Savology and I've had help from family in getting enough. So I have saved 44% and that isn't including the other Christmas stuff that I bought last year.
I'm not sure who is getting what yet but I'm sure that I won't have a problem giving the gift cards away. So my OOP for Christmas this year is $100 and that was all free money.
I will keep you posted!
Thanks for stopping by,
SonyaAnn


16 comments:

Mark said...

I think you "give" too much to too many people. I'll leave it at that.
m.

slugmama said...

LOL....ya see, Mark even agrees with me. You are such a giver! ;-)

I think you should just send it all to me and Mark...ok, maybe just ME! I am feeling selfish today.

Please make Christmas go away for about 6 more months. I am not ready to deal with it yet!

Sheila said...

89 days left ;)

slugmama said...

RE:Sheila....AAaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

SonyaAnn--You are doing great! You've got 35 people done, $240 in gift cards and still $76.82 in FREE cash left and NONE of it cost you ANYTHING!!
If that ain't doing it the 'sluggy style' way, then nothing is. 8-))

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-Amen, sista! I hate Christmas sooooo much. But Den's family is huge and once you start you can't stop. It's like a drug addiction. So I'm hoping that if I can only spend a few hundred on it, I might start to like it again. Just don't bet on it!

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-You and Mark are 100% right. I agree, I just don't know how to stop.
I think that if I turn it into a game and see if I can't get most of it for free, then I will be alright with it. And You and Mark might be ok with it too. ;p
Let's just skip Christmas and drink!

SonyaAnn said...

Sheila-Ummmmm, that was just mean!

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-I like it, sluggy style!!!!! Awesome. I aim to make you proud!!

McVal said...

Wow! You are a Rock Star! Am I on your list?"???!

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-I'm loving' the praise!!!! And yes, you should be on my list since everyone else is!

slugmama said...

I second skipping Christmas and drinking. As a matter of fact I will start NOW with some red wine!lol

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-I'm in for a glass or two, hell the whole bottle!

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, you are doing great! I cannot imagine having to give gifts to that many people.

Jane said...

Impressive but 35ish people? Do you buy for everyone in your city?

SonyaAnn said...

Frances-This is not my making! I just deal with it.lol

SonyaAnn said...

Jane-LOL no just the neighboring town.