Thursday, September 22, 2011

An Idea


I've actually been able to save a few bucks on our electric bill. Everything that I have saved will go to the water and sewer increase but I'm not going to talk about that one. Well, I probably will but not for a while. 5 minutes, give or take.
I've put everything in one room on a power strip. Every room in our house and yours too, should have one plug that is controlled by a light switch. Everyone here but me is lazy just don't tell them that I said that even though it is true. It doesn't seem to be a bother to the boys to throw one switch as they leave a room. I wasn't able to get everything in DJ's room to plug into the one plug with a switch so I plugged everything that is a huge drain(tv, games systems) into a power strip that you can shut off. Just don't do it to your clocks!
Thanks for stopping over,
SonyaAnn


8 comments:

McVal said...

Hmmm.. So YOU'RE the one who inspired my daughter to shut the light off in my bathroom WHILE I was still in the shower. She ignored my yells of HELLO??!!! and left the house. I finished my shower in the semi-darkness.

Mark said...

That's a great idea! But sadly, I'm too lazy to go through and unplug and then plug things back in.
Can you do this for me? I'll have Fred cook something for ya!
m.

slugmama said...

Yes, I have to do this in #2 son's room. He is horrible at turning off/unplugging stuff....hair dryer, computer, tv. I'll put it all on one stip but I will have to be the one who remembers to go in there each morning and flips the switch.lol

Jill said...

Great ideas....I usually go through an obstacle course each night and about break my neck turning off the dresser lights in my girl's room...lol this could help! :-)

SonyaAnn said...

McVal-Well bless her heart. Kids are just great sometimes, aren't they?

SonyaAnn said...

Mark-If Fred is cooking, I'll do whatever you want!!!

SonyaAnn said...

sluggy-I think we are living the same life. I have to flip DJ's switch everyday. BOYS!

SonyaAnn said...

Jill-I hope that it works.
Have a great weekend, sweetie!